Decapitated store mannequin washes up on Florida beach, horrifying onlookers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/21/horrifying-mass-washes-up-on-florida-beach.html

3 Likes

This is just viral marketing for the new B-Movie, “Deadly Dummies from the Deep!”, aka, “Mankini Manakin Massacre!”

8 Likes

Just use dynamite.

9 Likes

I used to be the horrified onlooker in department stores, because a lot of those mannequins never had heads. Maybe marketers figure they block the view across the floor or would require hats. :woman_shrugging:t4:

7 Likes

Was this fellow seen in the vicinity?

4 Likes

When making What We Do In The Shadows, a scene was filmed, but not included in the movie, where the three main vampires hold a funeral for their flatmate who was killed by sunlight and dump him in the harbor. The prop body floated away and couldn’t be retrieved, so the filmmakers put out a press release alerting people that if a charred skeleton washed up on shore it was just a movie prop.

12 Likes

Mannequinnado!

Then, two charred skeletons washed up on the beach.

8 Likes

That was worth a good minute of giggling for me. Thank you.

4 Likes

I actually laughed when I saw the picture because, oh my gods, that is pretty horrifying. Someone’s going to be inspired by that image to do a monster design for a horror movie…

2 Likes

Now I want to get some mannequins, weight them down with cinder blocks, dump them offshore, and wait for the rope tying them to the cinder block to decay.

I am a bad person.

3 Likes

To be followed by “Deadly Dummies from the Deep II: Maniac Mannequin Manglers” and
“Deadly Dummies from the Deep III: Manky Manatees - The Revenge of the Mannequins”

(Sorry.)

3 Likes
6 Likes

Hopefullly someone saved and placed it in their front yard during Halloween.

2 Likes

The original and remake of this Outer Limits episode comes to mind.

https://theouterlimits.fandom.com/wiki/Feasibility_Study

3 Likes

It was just bait left by whatever made that footprint in the foreground.

7 Likes

Billions of blue blistering barnacles!!

3 Likes

No need for the whole mannequin; all you need are the arms.
I presume they float; put enough weight on the shoulder end so that the forearm protrudes above the water.
Wait for a flood & for the inevitable newscrews to arrive, & conduct a broadcast with the swollen river in the background.
Drop the arms in the river upstream of said newscrews…

See? You’re not a bad person!

19 replies in and no Mannequin references.

I am disappoint:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.