Deceased man dressed as Green Lantern for his wake

[Permalink]

3 Likes

"In brightest day, in blackest night,

No evil shall escape my sight.

Let those who worship evil’s might

Beware my power–Green Lantern’s light!"

3 Likes

No weirder than the clothes we usually put on the deceased. The only time I ever saw my uncle in a tie was in a coffin.

3 Likes

It’s a little weirder. I’ve seen legions of corpses in jackets and ties, but I can’t say I’ve ever seen one in a super-suit before today.

But then that’s gotta be my MensWearhouse-normative privilege talking.

3 Likes

I know what you mean. In my case it was the first time I say a relative of mine clean shaven. “Who is this guy?”

3 Likes

The boy on the right looks creeped out and I completely understand his feeling if he is. But if a super hero suit makes a dead guy happy who am I to knock it. I do hope they put him in a take-out box before the pallbearers got there.

2 Likes

Lesson learned:
Lose the Beard of Power (or the Stubble of Might), and die.

1 Like

Or the moustache of Mephistopheles…

1 Like

On the other hand, the mutton chops of cherubs.

I told my dad we were going to dress him like Judy Garland, but he chose cremation.

1 Like

Dibs on the ring.

Renato Garcia’s sister did a nice thing for him. The only time I saw my grandfather without his sunglasses was in his casket. He lost an eye in a saw mill accident many years before, and always covered it. I remember thinking that he would have preferred to wear the glasses he wore every day of his life, but his sister didn’t see it that way. So, I sparked a joint at his graveside the next day, to wish him a peaceful rest and/or to say I’d see him on the other side (whatever the case may be). I like to think he’d have approved. I may be an atheist most of the time, but when it comes to dead loved ones, I still want the comforting stories of seeing them again.

1 Like

Funerary cosplay is now a thing.

At least they didn’t Arduino-up some 3D-printed cogs and go the audio-animatronic loved-one route.

The wake was going just fine until one guest angrily demanded his belt back.

1 Like

:+1: Must revisit my will…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.