Deeply unpleasant Lord of the Rings character combination chart

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/25/deeply-unpleasant-lord-of-the.html

10 Likes

Wow. Just wow. You need to run feature article describing how they did that!

2 Likes

Is this some kind of effort to plug those Númenórian-sounding antidepressants?

12 Likes

One quibble - Gando needs a more wide-eyed expression. Just look at that last row! :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Frodalf be all this.

I love how all the names sound plausible enough in context of TLoR. Fromli? Oh yeah, he got eaten by a spider in the Greenwood, I remember him for sure. Gimgolas gave the walkers a gift of a song and some lembas in The Fellowship book. And these pictures are exactly as I imagined them! Wonderful.

2 Likes

How much better would the film version of LotR be if all of the
characters were played by Gollum.
And how much more “Peter Jackson(esk).”

Is anyone else struck by the degree to which Frollum looks like a Putin puppy? Big eyes and hasn’t quite grown into his ears yet; but clearly the frolicksome juvenile form.

5 Likes

Man, you be Frippin’.

Grippin’?

What are we doing again?

1 Like

Golmli looks like he should be in a tomb in Skyrim, waiting for unwary visitors.

3 Likes

I think Gimdo is broken.

2 Likes

Well, Legodo looks very much like Isaac Hempstead Wright in his role as The Other Frodo in That Other LotR version by that Not A Linguist guy.

1 Like

To be fair, look who is next to him. Gando looks like a meth addict and Gimgolas looks like he is a member of a far right militia.

2 Likes

So we aren’t going to talk about how Gando is Walter White before he lost his hair?

2 Likes

Goldo is supposed to have two sets of eyes

2 Likes

Is any one else immensely frustrated that the representative characters weren’t placed in the diagonal axis instead of empty white boxes?

2 Likes

They should have Sauron and Saruman. You could combine them and get…Saurumon?

1 Like

Sarurashomon:

2 Likes

But I want to see Gangan & Frofro. Unless maybe they annihilated?