The most convincing argument for a Muppet version of The Lord of the Rings

Originally published at: The most convincing argument for a Muppet version of The Lord of the Rings | Boing Boing

10 Likes

doctor who GIF

kermit the frog muppets GIF

18 Likes

Give me Statler and Waldorf and I’m IN.

18 Likes

Well, yeah.

5 Likes

This is exactly what happened in my brain when I read the headline. Who needs a convincing argument?

18 Likes

I’m still waiting for Muppet Pride & Prejudice.

14 Likes

But then who plays the King of the Eagles?

9 Likes

OK, that’s the cherry on top. I’m in.

16 Likes

One of Gonzo’s chickens

18 Likes

Hoo Toom Boombadoo! Toom Boombadooboo!

and of course, the “no man” in the prophecy is met with “but what about a pig?”

it’s too perfect. Someone make it happen.

13 Likes

As uruk-hai?

3 Likes

I feel fairly confident that Viggo would totally be down for being the only human in a Muppet LotR and playing it completely straight. Hell, think of the scenes he could have with Arwen being played by Miss Piggy!

Statler as Saruman and Waldorf as Sauron, heckling with each other through the palantir.

25 Likes

I cannot stop laughing, I love this :rofl:

18 Likes

Would you cast Janice as Galadriel or Saruman? Or both?

Edit: Never mind, I see you’ve already done a great job casting Saruman. Galadriel it is.

11 Likes

It’s an idea like this that reminds me of how few female Muppets there are and no one has rectified this yet. And I’m not just talking about upgrading Skeeter from appearances on the Muppet Babies shows (and occasionally in backgrounds in books) but a whole bunch of characters with names and distinct personalities.

4 Likes

Okay, Janice as Galadriel is legit inspired.

11 Likes

BBS needs a permanent thread of ‘great films that should be made as a Muppet version’.

Muppet Dune?

6 Likes

They’ve got someone who can play the tomato too.

4 Likes

Deemed a waste of time
by Moms everywhere

2 Likes

Girl Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

No. Moms everywhere LOVE both the Muppets and LOTRs (though wish it had more women in it).

14 Likes