How good would a Muppets version of your favorite movie be?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/10/how-good-would-a-muppets-version-of-your-favorite-movie-be.html

5 Likes

I enjoyed shopping Muppet Chigurh but clearly the movie should follow in The Chrismas Carol tradition and be a totally deadpan live-action Javier Bardem going around killing muppets with a captive bolt pistol

14 Likes

A Muppets Seven Samurai, because obviously. And a Muppets Godzilla with a giant Cookie Monster as Godzilla; they have to bake a stadium-sized chocolate-chip cookie in order to save Tokyo.

27 Likes

A Muppets Third Man could work. For some reason I see Fozzie in the Harry Lime role.

13 Likes

I really really want to see
“the muppets go to malibu”

Which is of course the Big Lebowski remake. Oscar as walter grover as donny and fozzie bear as the dude.

8 Likes

Muppets: Avengers: Infinity War but Josh Brolin as Thanos is the only human actor.

“Miss Piggy, I don’t feel so good…”

8 Likes

Oh my god, a Muppet Magnolia would be awesome!

7 Likes

Muppet Se7en. Morgan Freeman stays, Brad Pitt replaced by Kermit, Gwyneth Paltrow replaced by Miss Piggy, Kevin Spacey replaced by Fozzie. Cookie Monster’s body is the first one found, Gonzo is forced to wear the knife with Camilla the chicken.

If you want Brad or another human to stay, Morgan is replaced by Rolf the dog.

8 Likes

As someone on twitter posted before:

16 Likes

Get Carter but Michael Caine stays the same.

13 Likes

It is sadly rare that I actually laugh out loud, but your shoop under this premise is one of those cases.

Thank you. That’s all.

8 Likes

Muppets Stalker (The Muppets Take the Zone!):
Kermit as Stalker
Gonzo as Writer
Fozzie as Professor
Miss Piggy as Stalker’s wife
Jenna Ortega as Monkey

GIF by Tech Noir

7 Likes

Muppet Come and See?

3 Likes

Holy fuck, Bob; with this illustration, you are spoiling us! :joy::joy::joy:

Muppets’ Salò
Muppet’s Irreversible
Takashi Miike’s Gonzo the Killer

9 Likes

no. 66: The King’s speech:

The key to a Muppets version of this is that Geoffery Rush would keep his role and the role of the King would be played by the Swedish Chef.

michael fassbender perfection GIF

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

no. 60: Gandhi:

If I even have to explain the merits of Muppet Gandhi then you’re not the target audience for this list.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

no. 24: The Sound of Music:

A crowd-pleasing musical about love, family, and the power of song that’s also about how much the Nazis suck. I need Kermit ripping up the Nazi flag and I need it now.

If Laibach can do it…

no. 4: Everything, Everywhere, All at Once:

Do I really need to explain to you how incredible a Muppet multiverse would be? This is the only film that’s done the multiverse well and if anything can save the concept from the dredges of creative bankruptcy that it’s currently in, it would be The Muppets.

I Need It Want GIF

13 Likes

we had a thread about this when the idea was first trending

10 Likes

So, I’ve got this pitch-

Kermit and Piggy as Brad and Janet, obviously.
Sam the Eagle as Dr Scott
Dr Teeth as Eddie
And Peter Dinklage as Rocky.

21 Likes

fund it

3 Likes

no. 22 The Silence Of The Lambs

Look at the picture of Hannibal Lecter and now imagine it was Gonzo. Exactly. Do you know what would make Buffalo Bill more haunting? If he were played by Fozzy Bear.

:grinning:

6 Likes

Surprised nobody had a go at Blade Runner.
In my mind:

Deckard

Rachael
rachael

Pris

Tyrell and Sebastian

Roy Batty

batty

15 Likes