How good would a Muppets version of your favorite movie be?

Any and every film noir detective movie, starting with the filmography of Humphrey Bogart and ending with Chinatown.

IMG_0952

14 Likes

I have a buddy who’s been drawing amazing illustrations of this very concept for years.

gracchus, ask and you shall receive… Fozzie as Harry Lime. :wink:

and one of my favorites…

(Artist is Bruce McCorkindale)

24 Likes

The hard part is casting tim curry…

2 Likes

I’ve been stuck for years trying to finish filling out the roster on what should be one of the most obvious: Muppets Star Wars: A New Hope.

Following the established formula that the main character should remain human, we leave Mark Hamill as Luke. Piggy is the obvious choice for Leia. Heck, she’s even done it once before.

IMG_0953

The other most obvious choices are Kermit as Solo and Fozzie as Chewbacca. From there it starts to get trickier:

C-3PO & R2-D2: my first thought was Dr. Honeydew and Beaker (“Meep-Meep!”) but the chemistry between the two characters isn’t quite right because R2-D2 was always the reckless adventurer of the duo. Gonzo could fill that role easily since he’s a slapstick character who frequently gets electrocuted. But he’s almost always paired with Rizzo, who feels off for C-3PO.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Sam the Eagle is the only one with the right combination of gravitas and righteousness.

Figrin D’an and the Modal Nodes: Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, obviously. Rowlf can have his turn covering Max Rebo in Return of the Jedi.

Grand Moff Tarkin: Uncle Deadly.

Greedo: Pepe the Prawn.

Porkins: Link Hogthrob.

The major character I’ve got nothing for is Vader and it’s bothering me more than it should. Nobody on the cast feels quite right.

6 Likes

Waldorf to the Emperor’s Statler, I suggest.

3 Likes

That crossed my mind, but neither of them works as a solo character and the Emperor doesn’t even appear in the first movie.

2 Likes

I see these on social media all the time. They always make my day.

3 Likes

The Muppets could change that, couldn’t they? And the canonical “there’s always two” nearly demands it, I would argue … :grimacing:

2 Likes

I would like to see a Kermit of Green Gables.

Bert and Ernie could be Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert.

Miss Piggy could be Gilbert Blithe.

Elmo could be the raspberry cordial.

3 Likes

Gonzo.

That is all.

10 Likes

Still feels like he was shoehorned into the role because they needed someone rather than because he’s a good fit though. And not just because he’s shaped like a shoehorn.

4 Likes

I think it’s more that Gonzo’s one of the few muppets you can put in a full face mask and still recognise immediately.

Rizzo would work too.

In which case Gonzo would be Grand Moff Tarkin obvs.

2 Likes

I don’t have any better suggestions, but I still feel like that’s one of the weak points in the imagined casting.

2 Likes

A Muppet version would be the only way to make Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb even funnier.

10 Likes

What about a classic Disney cartoon version?

President Muffley: Mickey Mouse
General Ripper: Pegleg Pete
Captain Mandrake: Donald Duck
Major Kong: Goofy
Doctor Strangelove: Ludwig von Drake

4 Likes

No.

1 Like

Are we sure Dr. Teeth wouldn’t be a better Dude?

1 Like
2 Likes

I can picture Muppet Pulp Fiction so clearly I think I might have seen someone do it before. Kermit and Fozzie as Vincent and Jules in their black suits. Miss Piggy as Mia Wallace, of course, would make the dance scene with Vincent so much fun. No changes to the dialog; you can’t improve perfection.

6 Likes

You probably did

7 Likes