How good would a Muppets version of your favorite movie be?

Forbidden Planet (1956)

The crew of the Swinetrek can play the main crew of the C-57D. Sundry muppets could play sundry crew members. Dr. Honeydew could be Mobius, Beaker could be his daughter (why not?), Animal could be the Id monster and Robbie would play himself, of course.

9 Likes

I can’t decide whether The Wicker Muppet would work. Kermit as Sgt Howie is fine (or Beaker to switch things up), and Miss Piggy’s scenes as Willow pretty much film themselves. It’s less obvious why Lord Summerisle would be Rowlf, but my third eye tells me this is correct. I just dunno if it could come together as a whole, because muppets are sort of already the costumed villagers from the finale. The extra layers would make it either profound or a train wreck.

Muppets Hunt for Red October is an automatic hit, though bad news for Miss Piggy as it’s a sausage fest (who even remembers that the only woman in the original is Gates McFadden?)

8 Likes

I think someone already answered the question about a Muppet Wickerman…

https://lcczinecollection.myblog.arts.ac.uk/2020/04/22/a-muppet-wicker-man/

7 Likes

I think a Muppets Prince Bride would be fantastic.

12 Likes

I can’t believe no one has wanted to see a Muppet version of the classic Hackman The Conversation

4 Likes

Oooh, I love this. In my head right now, I’m working on the details of a Muppet Harold and Maude.

The romantic leads are the usual Muppet romantic leads, obvs. I think Harold’s mother Mrs Chasen would have to be the live role? Sam the Eagle as Harold’s General uncle films itself. Fozzie as the befuddled priest with the stolen VW, Gonzo as the motorcycle cop seem like good fits.

5 Likes

From the article

1. Everything Everywhere All At Once (2022)

The one tiny issue I have with this: every other amazing Muppets version, real or hypothetical, has that reality-jumping leap of faith that makes me go “Oh wow, that’s a brilliant move, and they pulled it off!”. A Muppet EEAAO would be awesome, but it’s almost already a Muppet movie (in the best possible way).

5 Likes

Muppet Dune (David Lynch version).

Who to keep as the human is the tough call. I can see Kermit as Paul Atreides, but I really want to see Kyle MacLachlan acting with Muppets.

Or you can keep Sting. Not sure any Muppet could do justice to the winged jockstrap.

7 Likes

Oh My God Omg GIF

Yes. Yes.

harold and maude GIF by Turner Classic Movies

8 Likes

But who gets cast as Vizzini?

Options abound:

5 Likes

The problem with the list is that Muppets are innocent and meant to be fun. Putting them in a movie that’s meant to be serious - Schindler’s List??? not only diminishes a serious movie, it undermines what makes the Muppets such an incredible creation.

Having said all that Muppets Three Musketeers seems almost too obvious. Sword fighting, Kermit as D’Artagnan; Piggy as M’Lady and - I don’t know - Jonathan Pryce or Vincent Cassel as the Cardinal.

Also conveniently out of copyright.

6 Likes

Hmm…

IMG_0957

5 Likes

Honestly, I’m partial to keeping Wallace Shawn there.

9 Likes

10 Likes

Dude…

:woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

But to stay true to the original, three of those roles would need to he played by the same muppet or cartoon character.

Edit to add: Peter Sellers did guest star on the Muppet Show and more or less played the Dr. Strangelove character in one of the sketches:

4 Likes

“Can we hurry this up? I’ve a wedding to get to!” :joy:

2 Likes

Muppets Zardoz!!!

8 Likes

How about Ocean’s 11?

Oh, and what about The Life Aquatic with Steve Zizou?

The Expendables could also be great. Basically any ensemble cast movie would work, as long as the director would be serious about the film.

ETA:

Hell, yeah.

ETAA: Welcome to BB BBS.

7 Likes

The Muppet’s The Muppet Movie

9 Likes