How good would a Muppets version of your favorite movie be?

Full Metal Muppet.

3 Likes

A clockwork muppet, or a muppet trainspotting, both would be walking a line though,

4 Likes

The Scarlet Pimpernel.

Obviously Kermit and Miss Piggy would be great as Sir Percy and Marguerite but I would also like to suggest an alternative:

Fozzy Bear as Sir Percy/the Pimpernel.

Leave Sir Ian McKellan as Chauvelin in any case.

5 Likes

I’ve always thought A Few Good Men would work pretty well.

The two Marines on trial, Lance Corporal Dawson would be played by Gonzo, with the Private Downey played by all of Gonzos devoted chickens as an ensemble.

Kermit as Kaffee, Ms Piggy as Jo Galloway, Scooter as Lt Weinberg.

I believe Kevin Bacon would remain as the human because he, more than most, can get that right level of sincerety and exasperation.

5 Likes

I think Hair would make a great Muppet movie. The title writes itself.

4 Likes

It’s a little bit cheating since the main characters involved were first introduced in a TV series, but what about Mighty Muppet Power Rangers: the Movie?

Kermit leads the cast as the White (formerly Green) Ranger. Miss Piggy as the Pink Ranger. Statler and Waldorf as either Squatt and Baboo (Rita and Zedd’s bumbling henchmen; I don’t remember how much they appeared in the movie) or Bulk and Skull. The combat scenes use technology developed for the Star Wars prequels’ Yoda fight scenes.

I’m not sure who should be the one human character: Ivan Ooze or Zordon perhaps? Though Sam the Eagle has the gravitas to be a good Zordon.

3 Likes
5 Likes

6 Likes

It’s Muppets all the way down!

7 Likes

We went through muppet casting speculation exercises oh so often with our kids. The sticking point most frequently, was how few female muppets there are (or, at least got screen time, when sticking to Muppet Show muppets, and not Sesame Street). So, if you are going to find a movie that fits well, it would almost certainly be a Bechdel test-failing one. Thus, the one that I would actually like to see done:

Twelve Angry Muppets

4 Likes

Moi8Rpr

7 Likes

…played by Grover.

2 Likes

The cook, the thief, his wife and her Muppet. Michael Gambon can stay.

4 Likes

Muppet LotR. I know Sesame Street did a take on the epic, but I want Kermit and Co.

Kermit and Piggy are Aragorn and Arwen, obvs. It’s the rest of the cast that ties me up in knots.

2 Likes

Being John Malkovitch.
John Malkovitch stays.

9 Likes

won’t be available as he inconveniently died last year.

3 Likes

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

6 Likes

36ba3f01-d0d4-4bcf-af6c-8f1679d8c2e5_text

6 Likes

Damned inconsiderate of him.

9 Likes

Hm. Kermit for Frodo, Scooter for Samwise.

Aragorn and Arwen are Zoot and Janice

3 Likes