Degas-style studies of Tom Holland performing Rihanna’s Umbrella

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/12/degas-style-studies-of-tom-hol.html

3 Likes

At first the only image I could summon to mind was Tom Hardy. Tom Holland makes a lot more sense.

3 Likes

I too had this problem, and was way more impressed until I realized they were talking about Spiderman.

ETA: Fixed a typo, see humbabella’s post to laugh.

ETA ETA: This is the Tom that’s Spiderman, not the Tom that’s Loki. I don’t like marvel movies.

4 Likes

Tom Holland’s performance in that song was the only reason I went back and watched his Spiderman movies. Never been a big Spiderman fan, but Tom won me over with that performance. It is epic!

4 Likes

Does this suggest a remake of Rocky Horror Picture show with Tom Holland as Dr. Frank N. Furter?

4 Likes

Makes sense. He’s a trained dancer and gymnast. Which is part of the reason why he got the part as Spiderman. The dude can really do many of the spidey moves.

2 Likes

… I’d pay money for that.

4 Likes

Freudian Slip?

2 Likes

I’m not really seeing the stylistic resemblance to Degas.

As Alice Zhang says, she does studies of Tom Holland, and Degas did studies of ballerinas. That doesn’t mean, and she doesn’t claim, that she does Degas-style studies of Tom Holland.

1 Like

Points for spectacle but he’s not really lip syncing in some parts.

I mean, he did absolutely crush it!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.