Democracy Docket on how Project 2025 swings wide the doors to fascism

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/12/democracy-docket-on-how-project-2025-swings-wide-the-doors-to-fascism.html

11 Likes

Keep this stuff coming. the more people know what this really is the better.

21 Likes

How else will we earn our right to vote if not in service to the war machine?

Writing a check to Donald Trump expressing your “gratitude” for being allowed to become a citizen?

7 Likes

There are optimistic (literal) signs that when the voters actually become aware of ‘Project 2025’ that they apparently conclude: “Well sir, I don’t like that.” and decide against trump…? (trying not to be terribly gobsmacked of how much critical doomsday s@#$ ‘the public’ is blissfully unaware of(!) yet smacked my gob remains -sigh-) Obviously nothing is more critical than to get-the-word-out, despite the miserable media marshes.

11 Likes

the message that worked best for non-MAGA Republicans—i.e., Republican voters who did not self-identify as supporting the MAGA movement—was that it would “hurt hard-working American families and seniors.”

“Non-MAGA Republicans” don’t care about democracy but are shocked by the suggestion that Trump’s policies will leave them worse off.

6 Likes

I saw some dumbass post on social media about how Project 2025 is “Qanon for Lefties.” This analogy obviously makes no sense on any level whatsoever, but it does go to show that right-wingers see Project 2025 as a liability that is hurting their brand with mainstream voters. So let’s all keep it in the headlines and don’t let up!

20 Likes

I saw that too. The worst you can say is SOME of the memes about the Project 2025 aren’t 100% accurate.

But unlike Q-Anon, Project 2025 is real. They got a fucking website with a PDF. You can read what all they want to do. It’s not some anonymous poster saying “Trump is going to put every Demoncrat into Gitmo, trust the plan.” It’s a long running Conservative think tank spelling out their game plan for realigning the Federal government to their fucked up view of what America should be. :confused:

12 Likes

Oscar The Grouch Idk GIF by Sesame Street

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

7 Likes

Heritage Foundation VP Roger Severino is married to Carrie Severino, who clerked for Justice Thomas, and he was connected to the Ethics and Public Policy Center, part of the Koch network.

hqdefault

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.