Project 2025 is also very racist

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/16/project-2025-is-also-very-racist.html

8 Likes

doctor who GIF

19 Likes

You Get It Fx Networks GIF by Kindred

17 Likes

embed conservative-minded political appointees

I seem to recall this tactic used by someone else. I think J.D. Vance made the connection before as well.

By 1922 Hitler’s control over the party was unchallenged, and he attempted a coup, the Beer Hall Putsch, in Bavaria one year later. Upon its failure Hitler was arrested and put on trial. The trial proved to be a blessing in disguise for Hitler, as it garnered him national fame

And of course after that point, installing people from your own party into every office helped solidify his power.

I’m not sure Trump is well versed in history, but he does have an intuitive sense of how to become a tyrant.

6 Likes

I wish modern GOP members actually knew what the term Conservative that they market used to mean.

3 Likes

So it’s really Team Tromp who’s out to get “black jobs”? And not “illegals,” as he said during the debate?

No Way Wow GIF

/not surprised

16 Likes

It gets worse.

Paint teachers and librarians as sex offenders for teaching about queer people, and withhold funding to entire States if parents don’t get their own way in schools.

17 Likes

Here is hoping Michael Harriot can reach some people who haven’t heard of Project 2025. Because those are the only people who’d be surprised it is racist as well as fascist, homophobic, transphobic, and misogynistic.
I haven’t read the entire thing. I just don’t have the emotional bandwidth. But if there isn’t also some anti-Semitism in there, I’ll eat my hat. It will have all the types of hate.

Snl Queen GIF by Saturday Night Live

15 Likes

On a family group text my sister warned everyone about this yesterday (a bit late to the party, sis).

One of my nieces called it disproved and fear mongering. You’re disowned!

10 Likes

thegrio.com was blocked by cloudflare for me, so I read the entire Project 2025. Here are the top 10 ways it would harm Black America might be useful to other people.

5 Likes

Abandoning? No.
Activating the cloaking device? Yes!

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.