DeSantis press secretary fooled by funny fake screenshot of Washington Post "Homophobic Dog" story

I just got the phonetics. Thanks

1 Like

As a trans person living in a small city on the Canadian prairies, Twitter is where I found a community of people to engage with and talk about issues that I’d never be able to find locally. Sure, there’s a lot of awful stuff that happens on there, but if Musk does buy it and do what he says he’ll do with moderation, that community will be lost. Let’s not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

4 Likes

I mean, I’d be amused if the same situation doesn’t happen in the reverse regularly. I’ve seen quite a few articles “debunking” satirical Babylon Bee posts. It’s like both sides of the aisle have lost the ability to distinguish satire from reality.

Or like our world has gone so insane that reality is indistinguishable from satire. That’s possible too.

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

One side IS indeed trying to overthrow democracy. One side is attacking trans people. One side is taking away the rights of women. One side is attacking the basis of one man, one vote. One side is promoting white power conspiracy theories.

Both sides are not the same. Stop with this BS false equivalences. We can very much see what they are doing to this country, and the Democrats and left are not doing anything remotely similar.

10 Likes

No, it just has too many assholes in it.

7 Likes

Please, show us all the times a press secretary for a sitting governor of the “other side” made that mistake. Conflating what “some internet librul” falls for is not the same thing. FFS. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

surely I’m not the only one to remember this 70’s movie - quite controversial at the time -
White Dog trailer

That’s nice, dear, but we don’t do rape jokes around here.

4 Likes

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Grievance_studies_hoax

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Nutpicking

4 Likes

Not sure what you even mean by that.

I’m not sure what you mean…

3 Likes

Memes make me dizzy. But it’s a cute dog though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.