Desk made from old jeep hood

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/15/desk-made-from-old-jeep-hood.html

1 Like

Neat but I see all of my pens and pencils rolling off all the time.

12 Likes

Put a set of Danas and an air-locker pumpkin underneath it, fill out the fenders with 34s, and we’re set to do some serious office work!

The mud holds them on. Might want to consider a ruggedized keyboard though.

6 Likes

Yeah, my first thought was “at least go for a Jeep model year that had a flatter hood.”

14 Likes

yeah, the earlier CJ-2 or CJ-3 with the flat hoods would seem to be more suited to this treatment.

4 Likes

In my resolution to get organized, getting a desk was step one. I went for a wacky, whimsical jeep desk that I saw online. But then I realized that a lot of the alphabet was just clutter that I was holding on to out of habit and nostalgia. Not even useful, just clutter. In an act of calculated, almost ritualistic self-actualization, I threw away Z. Right into the bin next to my new desk! Matter of fact, I think this old X is next.

4 Likes

You should have seen the product test models that used old VW Beetle hoods. It wasn’t pretty. Laptops and Hot Pockets sliding right off.

6 Likes

If looks like you can get one where the headlights still turn on.

1 Like

I’d love a couch upholstered with the skin of a Jeep. This Jeep:

4 Likes

Those headlights better turn on.

Heck, the turn signal needs to flash when I get an email and a horn better beep when someone replys to me on BB

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.