Destiny: Rise of Iron launches tomorrow

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/19/destiny-rise-of-iron-launches.html

2 Likes

Can’t talk. Fallout 4. Playing still.

5 Likes

Kick-ass trailer visuals, but if I hear one more “epic choir” soundtrack, I’m going to go medival on these sound designer’s VST plug-ins! Lazy unoriginal cookie-cutter crap.

Carmina Burana?

2 Likes

Huh, so it is. Okay…

2 Likes

It is a pretty abused composition, but I think they were purely using it to play up the humor of the gaudy as shit special Sparrow/speeder bike video.

1 Like

I do feel like it would have been more apt to use one of the more satirical CB compositions than O Fortuna, but at this point I suppose it’s very use is automatic parody.

Yeah the opening is an automatic “This is gravely, seriously about to become a pun.”

2 Likes

yapp, heard way too orfften

1 Like

Now see here, MO… I gotta know, have you been playing F4 all year, or are you still relatively newly into it? I ask because it was by far my most hotly anticipated game last year, and I’ve been pretty disappointed by it. Not so disappointed that I quit playing, since hope springs eternal, but… I dunno, I finished the Automatron DLC, but haven’t quite finished Far Harbor and haven’t even begun Nuka-World, and I haven’t yet bothered with any of the Workshops. I’m about 125 hours into the game, but not nearly as satisfied and eager-to-continue as I was in New Vegas or even Fallout 3.

As for Destiny, I’ll probably get Rise of Iron, but not right away. I’ll wait until the inevitable issues that plague pre-orderers get patched.

1 Like

Destiny is the one game I play anymore. Bought the pre-order from Gamestop.

Turns out the bastards sold me a $30 gift card they called the pre-order. In order to get the pre-order rewards, you gotta redeem it before midnight and buy the expansion from the XBL/PSN store.

Really shady.

Preorder process via XBL was no dream either.

1 Like

Looks a bit phallic.

meh … I bought Destiny when it was new - bought the marketing about innovative new leveling and equipment systems . Was playing like a mad man. Even liked the back story. Then the first expansion hit and made my hard earned stuff average and I realized it is nothing special, the usual MMORPG fare with little/repeating content and continuous grind.

Such sublime gunplay, though. The exotic weapons are my Pokemon.

That, and it was the first time in a loooong time that I got halfway decent at PVP. And the first time you could look at your performance data in great detail.

2 Likes

Salsa cookies!
Windmill cookies!
They gave you gonorrhoea!
This octopus!
Let’s give him boots!
Send him to North Korea!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.