Detroit police have issued a felony arrest warrant for artist Shepard Fairey

It may be the early morning start, but I read that as you giving him your blessing to fuck your goat.

I guess if it’s in the name of art…

That’s Hirst.

1 Like

It’s Detroit… burning it to the ground would raise property values.

1 Like

Um - Huh?

jig. template. yeah.

I’m pretty sure that’s the part at the trial, not the arrest.

I tend to think there should be evidence before you issue a felony arrest warrant.

1 Like

Sure. And the trial part is where it gets shown to the public.

If you want to see it before then, join the defense or the prosecution. They are the only ones with the right to know what it us, until court. Sometime around then a professional judge and possibly 6 to 12 peers will have a look, right?

If the complaint or one or more affidavits filed with the complaint establish probable cause to believe that an offense has been committed and that the defendant committed it, the judge must issue an arrest warrant to an officer authorized to execute it.

My point is that pictures appearing around town are a poor excuse for establishing probable cause.

1 Like

Why would you assume that’s all they have?

Why would I assume they have anything on him at all other than suspicion? He was not even in town when they issued the warrant.

Beginning from the assumption that what you have seen is everything that exists, therefore someone else is incompetent, corrupt, or subverting due process is not actually an indictment of other people. Just sayin.

As a graphic designer by trade, I’m split between disgust and envy for Shepard Fairey. It disgusts me that he’s become the face of “underground” graphic design thru self-promotion and that he’s been recycling the same design for the last 15 years or so, showing absolutely zero talent, creativity, or intelligence in his work.

But man, if I could get away with getting paid his rates for cutting-and-pasting the same design elements in the same color scheme for a decade, my job would be super easy.

1 Like

He was not even in town when they issued the warrant.

Dude, the wheels of justice turn slowly. I understand that you likely understand the law and the merits of this case better than the police, the judge, and the prosecutor’s office, but let the process work. In a year or two this should be resolved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.