DEVO got "super stoned" the second time they met the Rolling Stones

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/10/devo-got-super-stoned-the.html

3 Likes

$85.00 + $6.45 shipping <---- I’m a big fan, but…

3 Likes

Mick Jagger and Mark Mothersbaugh recorded vocoder together on a song? Where can I hear that?

2 Likes

Maybe you can just buy half?

2 Likes

That 2 way flip book reminds me of buckminster fuller’s ‘I seem to be a verb’. I have a super torn up copy of that from architecture school ages ago.

And devo’s version of Satisfaction has always been on my ‘favorite (interestingly done) covers’ list.

** oh great… Now gonna spend the rest of the day recreating that playlist… Descendants ‘wendy’. Johnny cash ‘hurt’ … Uncle Tupelo ‘mystify’. Pet shop boys ‘always on my mind’. Newer entry- mindless self indulgence ‘Tom sawyer’. So many others. Will add as brain cells stir. **

ETA. Brand new heavies. ‘Don’t know why I love you’. Gorilla biscuits ‘sitting round at hone’

1 Like

In the RS article Mothersbaugh says that the song was “Worried About You”, and that Keith Richards hated the vocoder stuff, “…but there’s a little of it still in the fadeout and that’s about it.”

devo-whip-it

3 Likes

Devo’s Satisfaction cover is one of the best covers ever, IMO.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.