DHS says it will force everyone who's ever immigrated to the USA to hand over social media

How? “Hi Mr. Facebook employee, we’re from the government and we need to see the Messenger records for TimWayne.”

Oh, facebook wouldn’t give up those records without a warrant? Well it might take a bit longer, but let’s look into the taps we have in the peering connections to their datacenter. Send a request to the NSA.

The only thing that might prevent it from being used that way is if inter-bureau rivalry is strong enough to keep the different factions from coordinating and also simultaneously, no one who works for any social media can be duped or turned.

Remember most hacking is social engineering.

2 Likes

And that border extends significantly inland.

1 Like

Bannon’s role was not significantly altered by his resignation; he just relocated his desk, he didn’t change what he was doing.

I’m sure you can come up with at least two examples of that. Right?

force… I am not sure that word means what you think it means.

force comes in many many forms, and when used against the disadvantaged by the powerful, it is invariably a violence.

What’s the cut off date for immigrating to America? Are Mayflower descendants exempt? How about the Dutch that came here and settled in New York? Obviously Native Americans and African-Americans are the only US Citizens exempt from this ruling.

1 Like

coming…!!

Whenever I post that map, someone notes that it doesn’t include international airports, which could easily bathe the map in even more (appropriate) orange.

2 Likes

The threat of jail time for non-compliance.

Would still be complying :wink:

1 Like

Your government is the child of 1984 with Idiocracy. If someone wrote that book people would complain it was too surreal to believe…

1 Like

Thankfully I live in one of the states with mostly pretty good laws.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.