Trump officials say they have database to reunite separated immigrant families, won't talk about it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/26/trump-officials-say-they-have.html

5 Likes

BINDERS full of migrants

23 Likes

Uh huh. Sure. There’s an app for that.

Pardon my overflowing skepticism; there’s more than I ever expected to have to contain.

8 Likes

16 Likes

There is substantial evidence there is no database. Not just skepticism.

10 Likes

For almost a decade the Reich Wingers posted images of Obama in a noose & HRC covered in blood. Now that the TGOP got caught putting children in concentration camps / cages #trumpcamps they want us to act civil, fuck that. Everyone of us must do all that we possible can, and then some more.

If they’d [TGOP] do this to children, what would they do to the rest of us?

26 Likes

I smell a FOIA request and/or lawsuit coming. But it won’t be handled before the next scandal*

*Or whatever we call them once we’ve become so inured to them, and it’s just another day in the 21st century…

8 Likes

PFFT. Amateurs. Pinochet would have disappeared the whole lot by now. Those ICE people really need to up their game.

( /s )

3 Likes

these folks know just how to put the F.O. in FOIA

8 Likes

has anyone reported iris scanning like soldiers were forcing the population to submit to in Iraq?

3 Likes

The Nazis were meticulous executioners of people they held, not so neat in the field, but they recorded much for use as instruments of horror…the current administration adulates them in detail…

1 Like

Right? It would be surprising if the authoritarian state wasn’t documenting the details of every detainee. Of course we see how the badged thugs treat US citizens, so im sure the immigration system is full of even more abuse and without controls.

1 Like

How do you know they haven’t :-0

I mean, I don’t think they have, yet, but all this stonewalling and obfuscation is the same kind of cover one could use to actually disappear people.

2 Likes

Because reuiniting families has been such a priority for them?

Pighumper Neo-Nazi Stephen Miller was bragging about tearing children from families and putting them in concentration camps

9 Likes

How hard can it be? They’re all within six degrees of Kevin Bacon.

2 Likes

Welp, they’ve got 30 days to get it done. (Breaking news, so the details are lacking.)

10 Likes

Oh, I’m sure there’s a database. Whether there’s actual relevant data in it is another issue entirely…

3 Likes

If there is a database, how long do you think they can keep it secure?

Trump officials say a lot of things.
I call bullshit.

4 Likes

Did nobody tell little Donnie the story of Pinocchio?