Dice so nerdy, they make other dice seem not nerdy

that at the end of the post!

1 Like

i mean, that italic tag to be close etc etc

1 Like

Is Afghani Asian or Ethnic?

Also, is Polish food really a major option? In Chicago it is, but I’m a little surprised that it is in New York.

1 Like

So do, I; They work great¢

3 Likes

Afghani should be a category of its own; Italian can go under “Ethnic” or “ugh, why not something else?”

Polish is a major option in certain areas, anyway. Sought it out with my parents, once.

2 Likes

written last night prior to seeing this post:

// some false positives like "Nor," "'Hee-haw!'" (including the quotes, from theoriginal)
var enforceEndingPunct = function(lines) {
  let re = /[.?!]$|^$/,
      finalPunct = config.finalPunct || `.`;
  // TODO: elaboration, if not defined, see what's most common? or some other heuristic
  lines = lines.map((l) => re.test(l) ? l : l + finalPunct);
  return lines;
};
1 Like

More people in NYC have Italian ancestry than any other ancestry, so Italian would basically be “food”.

2 Likes

“ugh, why not something else?”

1 Like

I can’t help mentally replacing American with white

1 Like

Tuna noodle casserole and Watergate salad doontcha knoow

1 Like

Don’t forget cracker jacks!

2 Likes

Well! punctuation can really, do, uh, a great amount to improve sentences: mostly not though?*

*not pilcrows

Lego already did it! No need to duplicate their efforts.

4 Likes

I read it as various levels of subsets, like “Ethnic” covers everything that’s not found at Cracker Barrel, “Asian” narrows that down to only Asian foods (including sushi), and “Sushi” just limits you to sushi. So the larger, vaguer categories are inclusive, and just give the roller more choice.

I guess that gives you a 50/50 shot of being able to order a panini, but only a 33% chance of having escargot or tapas. And less than a 17% chance of scoring a Big Mac. But if you really like sushi, you have a 67% chance of being able to order it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.