Did God use Adam’s penis bone to make Eve? Scholars discuss.

Well that Jordan Peterson guy used lobsters to justify social hierarchy in human society, so… :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I really shouldn’t ever be surprised about how shitty humans can be, but I always am…

I both do not want to be the sort of person that is not surprised, while at the same time I no longer want to be surprised… Guess I’m doomed.

6 Likes

i like to think of the story of Adam and eve as a parable about the transition from animals unaware of morality and thus unaccountable to being able to be held accountable for their actions because they know right from wrong. if thats the case then they were definitely mammals reproducing in the normal way. i mean i realize this is all myth, but i think it’s fun to speculate on the original intent.

No. Humanity imagining that we can be better than we are is how we improve.

1 Like

Gives a different spin on the phrase “I’ve got to pick a bone with someone”.

3 Likes

Anyway, I seem to recall there are two versions of the creation of Adam & Eve in Genesis? One with the rib thing, one without it?
(Can’t be asked to check right now, sorry.)

That is a delightfully awkward translation :smile: It’s usually “I’ve got a bone to pick” with someone.
Reminds me of a conversation with my exchange “sister” who had a hard time with, “Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.” She kept saying, “on in?”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.