Did you ever want to play questions?

So, should I mess with my IRL friends with fake star wars spoilers?

(Lens Flare, all the way down…)

3 Likes

An all CGI all GunGan cast of awfulness?

1 Like

Ooh, is kylo Ren Jar Jar Binks?

3 Likes

What? What does Campbell’s Heroes Journey have anything to do with keeping kids out of school? Like, homeschooled?

What?

1 Like

Didn’t she say that the first 3 films were such examplars of the hero’s journey, that keeping her kids out of school the day the movie opened so they could go see the movie on the day it opened instead of being in school (and going to it in the evening*) would be a better lesson that anything they could learn in school?

* which wouldn’t be as educational?

(I hope somebody learned a lesson that day.)

2 Likes

Aren’t you 3 days late, and a Wupiupi short?

2 Likes

I wonder how many coworkers are calling in sick for our daily standup this morning?

3 Likes

Don’t most people do standup at night?

I suppose there are less hecklers by day?

3 Likes

Are there noogies in your future? Wonderful, long, caressing, confusing noogies?

1 Like

Did she understand that Luke was the Hero and that he’d completed his Journey and that seeing Luke’s dad as a kid had nothing to do with The Hero’s Journey in any way because The Hero in question doesn’t even know about his dad until two thirds of the way through and even when they do finally talk in the last hour of the trilogy Luke is only going on his feelings and not anything that his father says in any way?

I mean, damn. By her reasoning anything SW related is worth skipping school for because of Campbell. Why not just say “because it’s fun” instead of trying to rationalize it.

2 Likes

Well, it’s not like she waited all night in the street, right?

1 Like

Did I mention I was freelancing theatre at the time and had, what could be loosely termed “a lot of free time”?

“he said defensively” ?

More like “demonstrating his lack of responsibilities, let alone to the care and upkeep of human children,” dig?

1 Like

Remember how the HS senior did not get into her Early Decision college, to the utter surprise of everyone? Didn’t we learn that the school is notorious for NEVER accepting any student from her high school, ever? Didn’t that make us feel slightly better?

And didn’t she just find out that her Early Action school (apply early, get response early, but non-binding so the student can wait until all the results arrive between now and March before deciding where to go) HAS accepted her?

So isn’t that a relief, to know that she will go SOMEWHERE next school year!!!

(Oh, and the school that did accept her? Half the acceptance rate of the school that inexplicably turned her down, as well as one of the top universities in the country!)

13 Likes

?

9 Likes

Did I mention my coda, when I got into a super great school by surprise? I was talking to one of my professors years later and he mentioned that the best schools actually know what to look for in students and are more likely to know what they’re looking for, so your news isn’t much of a surprise to me, right? :slight_smile: Nice work everyone though!

1 Like

Isn’t that an intriguing thought? And doesn’t it make a lot of sense, now that you mention it?

3 Likes

Okay, last gig evah in four hours–grey suit and blue shirt or black suit and grey shirt!?

(Beatle boots are a given, and the SO is in tartan)

#Which??

4 Likes