Did you ever want to play questions?

Do you have an aversion to clam chowder or lobster bisque?

While I’m not a big fan of cream cheese in sushi, didn’t I understand the fatty / creamy aspect of it and why the paring probably happened?

1 Like

Didn’t it start around Boston? Or was it Philly? Or did someone just name it that?

1 Like

Cream cheese in sushi? :wink:

2 Likes

Aren’t some regional variations very much in the spirit of the original, while some seem like they are trying to bring the cuisine into a more locally acceptable form? Aren’t there occasionally some where there is a bit of a line being walked, and it’s hard to say?

(Don’t I like gunkan maki with scallops and mayo, even though I usually don’t like mayo in my sushi, and what’s more midwestern than mayo?)

ETA: Yeah, no one said Philly roll did they? Am I talking to myself now?

1 Like

Didn’t I assume he just dumped a bunch of primrose on top of my previously perfect fish?

1 Like

Since it’s now stuck in my head, can I drop this here and run off to do other things?

Who am I kidding, wasn’t I going to do it anyway?

2 Likes

Why do I have to start a holiday break padded out to 2 weeks with vacation time by getting a cold?

4 Likes

Just to avoid any further confusion, isn’t this the best/worst snack combination in all of recorded history?

stoopid new line for an enitity!!?!?

5 Likes

Doesn’t the illness lie in wait for you to relax?

2 Likes

Do you want to go down that road?

3 Likes

ZOMG!?

Can I see your easy cheese and chikn bisc combo and raise you…

?

2 Likes

If you left out the crackers, could I say it looks like big wall climbing food?

And honestly, what can’t hot sauce fix?

2 Likes

That’s pretty hardcore… +4 difficulty roll with the olive oil on your fingertips, not to mention the hot sauce, which I imagine would have to be in a pocket right next to the chalk, right?

Doesn’t it all go into the pig / haulbag? What’s up with wall rats anyway?

1 Like

I started (indoor) climbing just before I injured my hand and serendipitously bumped into my friends that run the climbing centre a couple of weeks ago, just as my grip strength is getting to the point where I should be able to hold my weight with one hand again… can I say that the thrill of knowing you are at a height, a fall from which would easily kill you, combined with the sense of achievement from actually ‘solving’ the climb is unparalleled in almost any other sporting endeavour I’ve tried?

2 Likes

Can I say I’m a trad / free, sort going back to about 1984? While I’ve done some aid climbing when necessary, aren’t the folks that like to do it all the time a special kind of nuts?

2 Likes

Can I say that as much in awe I am of you/free climbers, I think you are the true definition of good-crazy?

3 Likes

By free, don’t I mean roped on lead, with the rope there only to catch a fall, as apposed to aid where you use the rope for upward progress? Can’t trad lead falls still be 10’s of feet though, and even sometimes 60 or so if almost everything goes wrong?

Aren’t you thinking of free solo, where falling likely means death? (Can I admit to having soloed a few times anyway, but wasn’t it always way below my skill level at the time, and sometimes safer for the others I was climbing with? (And once or twice unfortunately necessary unless I wanted to call in the cavalry?)

Isn’t this a darn hard topic to get right even without being limited to questions?

2 Likes

Oh no, I know the difference, but don’t I still think you’re good-crazy?

Don’t free solo climbers like Alex Honnold make my teeth wiggle?

?

(although now that I look it up, can’t free climbing be without ropes too? Does that mean you are tied to someone else then?)

Nope, got it, free = unaided in climb, solo = solo… *sigh, red wine time?

1 Like

So it’s free as in beer, or free as in speech? Or am I getting confused?

More merlot (none for @awjt, though)?

2 Likes