Did you ever want to play questions?

And if green, pimento?

A mix?

What did the kids end up getting her? Waterproof things?

2 Likes

Yeah, but I had paid extra for gift wrap, hadn’t I?

(Which was crap, btw, and not up to the Amazon gift-wrap standards I have previously seen; I’m getting everything replaced, but it won’t arrive before Sunday. THE BASTARDS. Besides, the spatulas opened up and she wants a different kind. So, just as well.)

Kitchen utensils, for Mother’s Day? How “get in the kitchen” cliche can you get?

2 Likes

I just make tasty breakfast at home… heck with crowded noisy brunch. Who wants pancakes eggs and bacon?

1 Like

Like this?

She had spatulas and kitten-measuring-cups on her Pinterest that she sent, me ok? What am I supposed to do, give her power tools? She’s not as adventurous in the kitchen as I am, but it is her fiercely defended territory, isn’t it?

1 Like

I dunno, don’t I tell my wife at least once a day to get out of my kitchen?

Speaking of, has anyone else ever disciplined children by telling them to take off their apron and get out of your kitchen? Or do your kids know not to mess with daddy’s scale when he’s measuring flour?

1 Like

(not aimed at any of you/us)

Speaking of kitchens: Why don’t landlords make sure the kitchens in their empty units are cleaned properly before showing? Don’t they know that many of us don’t enjoy greasy cupboard doors and counters?

2 Likes

Can I beat your tale with the time I went to visit an apartment and the landlord sat in the car, sending me in with her fourteen year old son only to open the unplugged fridge and find… a dozen eggs?

Was not the best location either, living on Pittsburgh’s Mexican War Streets was a much better choice, you know?

3 Likes
1 Like

She wants utensils made of cast iron to beat you over the head with?
/mom mode

1 Like

Would you believe bamboo, with hand-painted handles?

::le sigh::

1 Like

Why am I procrastinating instead of writing an essay about California condors?

Does anyone have a favorite recipe using sweet potatoes (because I have a 5 lb bag of 'em that I don’t want to go to waste)? Something interesting? Unusual?

Have you ever seen one in the wild? Granted they’re raised in captivity, but still [pretty cool][1]? [1]: http://www.nps.gov/pinn/learn/nature/condors.htm

Was I 2/3 of the way up this the last time I saw one?

3 Likes

Did you know the guy in the Santa outfit is peter Jackson?