Did you ever want to play questions?

As much fun :grimacing: as Iā€™m having in that thread, did I misunderstand this comment?

Spray bottle with lemon juice and cayenne?

1 Like

Donā€™t we do things slightly differently in Scotland, as implied by this qualification of the drinking law?

It is illegal to permit minors under the age of 5 to consume alcoholic beverages on private premises unless under medical supervision or in an emergency. (Children and Young Person Act 1933 - 5 Giving intoxicating liquor to children under five.)

In the home, under parental supervision seems to carry a lot of weight in the UK when it comes to drinking, doesnā€™t your government trust you or something? :wink:

2 Likes

When I worked in the western Highlands, didnā€™t I learn that the reason why that part of Scotland has ā€œclubsā€ instead of ā€œpubsā€ was that in clubs kids of any age can legally enter and sit anywhere, play snooker, etc. so the parents can spend the evening with their mates without having to figure out what to do with the kids?

2 Likes

Furryboots in the Highlands were ye?

Wasnā€™t it across from the southern tip of the Isle of Skye, on the mainland but only accessible by water? Wasnā€™t my only way to get there via the steam train from Fort William to Mallaig, followed by handing the postman a couple of quid to drop me off (only on Monday, Wednesday or Friday, since even back when there were still 2 deliveries a day in London, this place was so remote the delivery was only 3x a week)?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty much as far north-west as Iā€™ve been, you ever visit Plockton? What a canny wee toon it is, dā€™ye ken?

(oops read that as North tip of Skye)

Have I seen him around the lot? Yeah, probably? But could I pick him out of a lineup? Does the Pope shit in the woods? Outside of the editing department (Pete and Todd are old pals from my Will & Grace days), do I even know anyone on BBT?

I worked with Bill Prady way back on Dream On about 20 years ago, but wouldnā€™t I be surprised if he remembered me at all?

Did you know that Ullapool is one of my favouritest places?

Although, from what others have told me, perhaps I caught it on a good day?

What were the chances that it was even lovely weather when we went to Stornoway (although not when we hiked up Ben Nevis)?

2 Likes

Arenā€™t you and Chuck Lorre, likeā€¦?

Isnā€™t there some kind of rain god living at the base of Ben Nevis that turns on the bad weather whenever anyone looks like they might try and hike up it? Wouldnā€™t I be surprised to see even one picture from a friend or acquaintance, from the top, that wasnā€™t shrouded in fog and rain? Iā€™m sure such pictures exist, but donā€™t I also suspect those people are part of some grand conspiracy?

1 Like

Isnā€™t Plockton closer to where I was than the northern tip of Skye? Isnā€™t Skye a rather large island, after all?

Can you believe, with all the time Iā€™ve spent in various parts of Scotland, Iā€™ve never done a distillery tour? What is wrong with me?

1 Like

(God I love Scotland. The people can be cranky, but they will give you the shirt off their back, at least to travelers. And politeness is rewarded with generosity and comfort. Fort William is basically as far north as I have goneā€“Skye is happening soonā€“but I just feel at home there)

2 Likes

You take that back or Iā€™llā€¦ Iā€™llā€¦

Iā€™llā€¦?

4 Likes

Ben Nevis, from our cabin.

4 Likes

Do I need to Donald you?

4 Likes

Twice, perhaps?

3 Likes

Like this?

9 Likes

Bad Parenting?

2 Likes

Itā€™s kinda in the middle and I thought you might have passed it on your journey northwards but aye, fit likee wi ye nae goā€™an on a wee trip aroon the dee-stillarees?

transl: Whatā€™s up with you not taking a tour of our distilleries?

4 Likes