Did you ever want to play questions?

Ha, who are you, my mom?

Except wasn’t it Mickey’s Big Mouth, and didn’t she let me have the rest of the (almost empty) bottle? And didn’t I fill it up with lemonade when it was empty, and pretend like I was boozin’ it up?

Although it turns out that I’m in #1 (CT) do I not really give a rat’s ass, either way as far as sips go?

(There are laws, and there are letters of the law; and anybody who thinks that we need mindless enforcement of the laws to be “equal” is a moron, or thinks we are stateful meat-bags of logic [which implement logical logic], as opposed to stateful-bags of meat-logic [which implement meat-logic, which… is sometimes logic.)

Isn’t giving kids the tiniest sip of say a Belgian beer in most cases the best way to prevent them from seeking it out later?

(Throw some hot sauce and pickled eggs in there, and call it a bloody Mary. You will have teetotaler kids)

1 Like

I would have thought so, and thus was surprised at my daughter’s response?

Didn’t a Dixie-cup of beer by my uncles it keep me away from the stuff until I was 19?

2 Likes

He just wandered off one day, never to return, doesn’t it just make everyone sad? Will we ever know how his adventure of The Ghost of Lion Castle ended up.

2 Likes

Isn’t a better example just me yelling and throwing things at the wall?

1 Like

It worked with mine when he was a wee toddler. He kept saying juice, juice while reaching for a shot of whiskey I had out and would not believe my answers of no, so I let him have a sip. Do you think he will eventually drink whiskey again?

3 Likes

That’s just… parenting, right?

Ohhh… “mad”, right?

Isn’t “mad” when I wave the gun around?

1 Like

Do you think he’ll still have any interest in juice for that matter?

1 Like

That’s “standing your ground”, right?

Can I admit I don’t Stand My Ground, but Nervously Shuffle and Fidget?

1 Like

Oh he was cool with juice still, just took a few years for him to trust anything dad was drinking again. Now he likes coffee, mind you with cream and sugar and we make sure he gets decaf, and he likes a nice pilsner as well.
I think he will turn out okay in that respect. Now do you have anything that I can try for getting him to clean his room?

You don’t call it “why did I just step on another damned Lego?”

1 Like

Have you considered waving a gun around?

1 Like

Did anyone else hae a friend who never tidied his room and was there when his dad came in, filled up bin bags with everything left out and took it all away to be thrown away, while shouting that he’d said this was going to happen if the room didn’t get tidied?

What should a guest do in that situation? Exit, pursued by a bear?

1 Like

Is now the best time to suggest waving a gun around?

I’d probably have helped clean if possible, right? Or help throw out things if the dad was waving a gun.

1 Like

What kind of American do you take me for?
I mean I married a Canadian after all…

I haven’t checked your link, but did you know that here in Chicago I am legally allowed to serve alcohol to minors in my home even without their parents’ knowledge or consent? Isn’t that wild?

And when we went out for the extended family celebration for my daughter’s 17th birthday, wasn’t it nice of the server to check with me, and then bring my daughter a glass so she could have some wine with the adults? Isn’t that so much more civilized than a bunch of classmates pressuring someone to down 21 shots for their 21st birthday in some college bar?

Edited to add: why does the link say that parental consent is needed in Illinois? Haven’t I read the relevant statutes? Could there be additional permissions in Chicago, or has the law changed recently, or am I a poor reader?

2 Likes