Did you ever want to play questions?

Quarantined until they could get the carpet replaced?

4 Likes

Driving has much better food options as well, like possibly Arby’s?

6 Likes

Isn’t the view of Shasta more impressive on the drive as well?

4 Likes

My hands smell like gamey tomato vines, cinnamon, dill, a bit of musk, a touch of cedar, and grape–what do yours smell like?

(In a few hours they will reek of iron)

It is 11 am and I’m chomping on a mango popsicle, about to go to the fair to see goats and chickens–what you doin?

2 Likes

Aren’t I about to go read a book about the business of rock and listen to “Charm Academy 88”?

2 Likes

Will you please pat one of those goats on the head for me?

5 Likes

Starting the laundry, listenin’ to cool tunes, about to go out for a few errands and posting questions to the bbs, should I be doing more?

2 Likes

Doing a happy dance, because isn’t my university cool for having added a couple more sections of the Saturday 7am class I enrolled in, allowing me to switch it to Friday at 8am?

7 Likes

Chickens!?

Why wasn’t Charm Academy on? Is it because the DJ for that show now hosts the Blue Note and doesn’t have time for charm academy? Does that mean no more charm academy? What will I do without of weekly dose of girl groups, classical soul, and french pop?

2 Likes

Have you not heard of the rock and soul ichiban from WFMU? With a weekly dose of girl group awesomeness called Crayons To Perfume?

1 Like

Haven’t you figured out yet that 7 to 8 hours’ drive is the magic time, under which it’s less time and hassle to drive than take a plane? Especially if you need non-public transportation at the destination? And if you’re going somewhere so remote that you’re guaranteed at least one layover to switch to a tinier plane, you can up the time to more like 10-12 hours’ drive?

3 Likes

And wouldn’t that be the reason we were on our ill-fated cross-country drive to my daughter’s summer program?

In related news, got switched to a waterproof cast this week, to set my arm more straight…and isn’t it wonderful to be able to do things involving liquids without a plastic mitten covering one arm?

6 Likes

Ever tell you about the time I had an old school, heeeavy arm-and-shoulder cast, took a nap with it laying across my torso, and my chest fell asleep!? as in no blood circulation in the skin of my chest?

It didn’t hurt, but have I ever felt anything weirder?

3 Likes

Isn’t 7 to 8 hours also my families driving limit…Or maybe closer to 9 hours?

4 Likes

Okay, I think I know the answer to this, but just need some semi anonymous validation–and this is a serious question (don’t I always say that as a set up for a non serious question? :D)

In my Celtic band we need a few more instruments, such as old school flute, pipes (Northumbrian small pipes, not highland), and dobro. I can play all of them, but each one will take four months to get back up to speed (especially the flute, my embouchure is eight years out of date). And it will take me from four instruments to seven instruments and an amp for gigs.

Should I? Or accept that “it won’t sound quite right”? It is realistically 14 months of practice and almost doubling my gear load… But jebus it would sound good… How crazy should I be?

4 Likes

You are not already?

5 Likes

Getting ready to see Penn and Teller on Broadway, isn’t everyone?

5 Likes

Getting ready to see Penn and Teller on Broadway?