Did you ever want to play questions?

Isn’t it a bit of a trip from Seattle?

1 Like

What is wrong with kids today? One of the sprogs friends is over visiting and I offer to take them both to see Mad Max, the friend wants to see Minions instead… WTFF?

5 Likes

Would you believe it’s worth it? You can wait until they get back to Vegas though, but it is a different show.

1 Like

I imagine it is as I have saw them in Seattle some 20 years ago now… oh jeez I am old. Would you believe that the juggling and magic shows are pretty much the only reason I have wanted to visit Vegas for?

Can I vote for the dobro first of all, as bringing a more unique sound?

But then again, how much room do the flute and pipes take up? Could you go to 6 instruments and no amp more easily?

1 Like

Current line up:

The new additions:

Thank god the other multi instrumentalists have mando, mandocello, hurdy gurdy, five string banjo, tenor banjo, and fiddle covered–so stick with a smaller set of tools or expand?

1 Like

You did register that I have a soft spot for the dobro, right?

The pipes would be a good addition too though, and not as big, right?

Seems like the best thing about the flute is the size, whereas getting that embouchure back could be a deal-breaker, right?

2 Likes

I think you changed my mind–we are working on an Americana set for a vakay in Wales, and do they want to hear pipes? No, don’t they want a slide guitar? (Where the heck did I put my steel?)

I don’t have an actual dobro, but in some ways isn’t a converted ‘campfire’ style old guitar as authentic?

4 Likes

Oh, are there other things there? I’m going specifically to visit the James Turrell the next time I go for work.

1 Like

Would it make you feel any better if I said I saw them at the Warfield in SF around 1990?

1 Like

Who put Arco, Idaho such a long drive away from Seattle?

Don’t they work by applying Bayes theorem to calculate the probability of an event conditional on some collection of evidence?

But isn’t what I struggle with not the training sets or eventual classifier, but the intermediate steps in classifier generation?

How is it possible I am so smart and so dumb at the same time? :smile:

1 Like

Isn’t the question do you want to?

1 Like

Still old, and maybe a bit jealous?

2 Likes

Being a multi instrumentalist is a blessing and a curse–could my car even hold all those?

However I think I have committed to to the slide, doesn’t my old Harmony Sovereignneed to shine?

2 Likes

???

1 Like

Super heavy, heavy strings, drop C tuning, it has cracks all over, and the nut/bridge moves–when I play people ask, “are you using an invisible distortion pedal!?”

Have I ever played an instrument that so closely sounds like Tom waits?

(I might try drop b-flat, there is a Jean Ritchie song I want to do and even C might be too high for the vocals. It is gonna rattle like that wildling in GoT :D)

2 Likes

So I’m heading over to Costco in a bit… do you want me to pick up anything for you?

1 Like

12 pack of radiators and a gross of area rugs?

5 Likes