Did you ever want to play questions?

Are you tired of how the shooting threads devolve every fucking time as well?

(Yours is the far greater problem I admit.)

2 Likes

I am making what I might describe in others as a ‘Sterling effort’ to be engaging and non-combative as I’ve sort of gotten over the shock factor this time… does that mean I’m going numb inside?

3 Likes

3 Likes

I think it means you’re still shocked from the last one, no?

I’m just sort of permanently shocked by the state of affairs over the pond… if it wasn’t for the guns and the whole healthcare thing, I think I’d probably feel the same way about the States as I did when I was a kid and hadn’t yet been taught about those issues, like, ‘how cool is that place?’

2 Likes

Isn’t there a bed here for either of you, if you dare visit?

1 Like

Isn’t that the way that a lot of us over here feel? “Hey, Hollywood and New York are doing really cool things, and there’s that neat hing over there and, a fucking school shooting, god damn it. Well, at least I have that really interesting thing going on over at the place to let me forget about that for just a minute and, what? Fucking again?”

The wife has Irish citizenship. I may see if the UK office needs someone else at this rate.

5 Likes

Am I trying really hard to stay out of the other thread? Isn’t it the usual: two people frame the usual arguments, won’t budge an inch, and the middle ground becomes a wasteland? Rinse, lather, repeat?

4 Likes

Did you forget what thread you’re in?

(And yeah, you’re totally right.)

2 Likes

Ah, shit, haven’t I been doing that a lot lately? Haven’t I fixed it?

3 Likes

Huh, how weird is it that I’ve had this account for a year already? Weren’t a good proportion of the recent anniversaries celebrated by accounts that were set up just so their owners could post a haiku to last year’s Treasure Island contest?

3 Likes

Really? Is it a fun contest? (I was wondering about the influx of haikus. Why doesn’t somebody open a haiku-only thread?)

1 Like

Why is this question asked by the guy who starts 50% of all new threads on this board? :wink:

5 Likes

Because I have no haikus to use? Because I start 50% of all new threads on this board?

3 Likes

What the hell are you
Going on about, start it?
Haikus are super… Fun?

2 Likes

Has it not been said that I start 50% of the threads on this board? Does nobody else see this as a problem? If you want to play Angry Birds after school, you’re going to have to put on your own shoes, aren’t you?

You wear shoes while playing Angry Birds?

2 Likes

Ever have one of those days when you discover that one of your bosses created the Mothership for Parliament?

5 Likes

That’s definitely better than my as of yesterday moved on to another group manager… so how does oh totally forgot that your contract needed to be renewed strike you as competent? Can I say I am glad I have a new manager? Can I have sympathy for the group he moved on to?

While this hasn’t been my most fun support gig, my actual coworkers are great and would have been way up the creek if I was magically gone tomorrow.

3 Likes

Is this you right now?

6 Likes