Did you ever want to play questions?

Don’t I use this handy site?
Then use the link from there and paste into this site?
Don’t I use an adblock when visiting these sites?

3 Likes

Who doesn’t like Rufus Sewell?

Haven’t I thought for years he should be either Bond or the Doctor?

1 Like

Hmmm, maybe I should go back and watch the next episode, huh?

Well, wouldn’t you say that’s your first mistake? :smile:

Do you mean this? :scream:

https://www.localresearch.com/site_media/media/uploads/img/2010/May/07/California_Pizza_Kitchen1_.JPG

2 Likes

Bleeeeecccccchhhhhhhh, won’t someone have mercy and remove that abomination from our midst?

4 Likes

Wouldn’t I assume that latter rather than the former?

Anyone ever tried this Belgian ale, which apparently is only available at Christmastime and my cousins swear is nectar from the gods?:

(made by Brasserie Dubuisson)

1 Like

Hardly my first, but certainly it was a biggie? Didn’t Uncle Sam send me, though, so it’s not like I had much choice?

Dear Lord, no?!? Wasn’t I thinking more along the lines of the way they do things at the over-the-top restaurants here: sauce made from heirloom tomatoes grown in the shadow of a cauliflower plant, with artisanal proscuitto made from hand-raised pigs from a small farm in Santa Clarita, topped with organic baby arugula grown by Aunt Betsy and handmade llama mozzarella from the small CSA operation just up the street?

You know, California food? :smile:

1 Like

Can you get a California pizza like a California burrito - with fries on it?

2 Likes

Any of you computer-savvy types know an easy/effective way to wipe the hard drive on this laptop? (Who knew the darn thing would boot up after all these years?)

4 Likes

Wouldn’t you remove the drive from the device and smash it to splinters with a hammer? Isn’t that low tech, but very efficient, mostly foolproof, and very cost-effective?

[Edit: sorry, forgot where I was again, didn’t I?]

4 Likes

Doesn’t it depend on the material the platters are made of? While some of the newer drives use metal coated glass and smash nicely, don’t some of the older ones have solid metal platters and don’t smash so well?

Doesn’t it mostly depend on what @monkeyoh is trying to protect and from whom? If you aren’t worried about state level actors, isn’t taking a drill to the drive or shooting it full of holes at the firing range fairly effective?

If you only have one drive to destroy, and you want to be ultra paranoid, isn’t disassembly and selective destruction the best way to go? Have you ever roasted all the platters individually with a torch and smashed all the IC’s on the controller with a hammer?

If you know someone with one of these, aren’t they awesome?

3 Likes

Isn’t the fries thing mainly constrained to southern California?

1 Like

Microwave?

Freezer?

LOL… doesn’t CCleaner have an ‘NSA-level wipe’ option?

- ah, isn’t it now called ‘very complex overwrite x35’?

Other than dban which I PM’d to you, how about a DOS cd/USB stick and just formatting the drive?

1 Like

Jeez, I wonder if that computer even has a usb port? (checking…) Holy crap, isn’t there one usb port, but no ethernet port? Isn’t that one of the reasons why my spouse packed it away?

4 Likes

Isn’t Darik’s Boot and Nuke a perfectly sensible option if you want the drive to still be usable?

1 Like

My wife refuses to watch another episode of BH, and we can never spend less than 30 minutes picking a movie – so is that the reason we’re flying through 30 Rock again?

5 Likes

Did I think that was just my family? Is this the new struggle of the middle class - what are we watching on netflix? How many marriages do you think that netlfix has destroyed?

5 Likes

Or saved? While there are movies that MrsTobinL and I both enjoy there are things I wouldn’t take her to like Mighty Peking Man as while I like that film don’t I like being married to her more?

2 Likes