Did you ever want to play questions?

Am I the only one who celebrates St. Nicholas day by filling my family’s shoes setting my family’s shoes out to be filled with goodies?

3 Likes

We place our old shoes out in the hopes that they’ll be stolen so we can finally have an excuse to get new ones, is that not as popular where you are?

3 Likes

Isn’t that a Jersey thing?

3 Likes

I think that’s just chairs when we clear out snow from parking spots?

4 Likes

Did I not expect setting my families shoes on fire??

3 Likes

How the hell can I print out every post of questions so I can bind it in a book to send to our benevolent overlords? (With a forward from the Thread Thread)

3 Likes

Traditions must be different on the West Coast, nu?

YEAH HOW CAN WE DO THIS @CODINGHORROR HOW? 

4 Likes

Aren’t you gonna get us all banned!? Or worse, pay attention to reality?

Fine, can I just submit a ticket to the Under Cabinet of Thread Governance?

Shouldn’t he be sending us something for being so diligent in testing the limits to threads?

4 Likes

Aren’t I incredibly interested what happens when the post count hits a bigint?

3 Likes

9223372036854775807?

That’s going to take a while, no?

(Post counts probably unsigned, too?)

2 Likes

Should we bot this, or slog this?

2 Likes

How quickly can a bot post? Won’t it take quite a long time?

On a finance site I test, with super hardened transactions, I can do… 600-800 per second? Spot instances on ec2 for micros were $0.05 an hour yesterday… So for a few trillion GetS it should cost less than a grand and less then a year?

2 Likes

298694000.352 years given one compy at a 1k per second, but that ain’t bad, right? (I’m not intimidated)

1 Like

So I talked to a few people today that store extremely sensitive password with sha256…

My question to them was, ‘how long does it take to crack your keys-to-the-kingdom password?’

Eight seconds–or was it seven?

2 Likes

But who has the patience for that?

2 Likes

Leave the job to our ancestors?
Who will write a bot but program it to fail after they get done walking down the mountain?

1 Like

Never guess mine, don’t you know I’m l33t?

Let’s just say it involves memnomnicks and some office supplies and a farm animal.

3 Likes