Did you ever want to play questions?

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

3 Likes

I turned off the Windows but now my microsoft wont start up, I need to get my microsoft back or my boss is going to get mad, how do I get my microsoft back?

4 Likes

Did you break the internet by typing ‘google’ into google? Don’t you know the world will fall into chaos if break the internet?

5 Likes

I typed microsoft into bing and got a page that directed me back to windows with a lot of adverts, now I have a conversation going with a nice lady in Thailand but my boss is shouting at me, what is she doing with those ping pong balls?

##Why have you done this to me!!!?

5 Likes

Did you know I actually did tech. support for a while, and there is literally no worse job I’ve ever had, even working at Chuck-E-Cheese and walking around in the rat costume with 10-year-olds going for the nut punch? Did you know I memorized the New Jersey area codes so I could brace myself?

3 Likes

Am I not currently doing everything in my limited power to not go back to tech support as a stop gap? I mean, I’m considering bar work instead, do you know anybody that pays well for punching someone in the face?

3 Likes

Have you checked what Chuck-E-Cheese pays? What if they punch a bit below the face?

Can I also say I hope you find a good gig soon that doesn’t involve support or being punched?

4 Likes

Why not try being a server admin? It is quite a bit like tech support only for servers isn’t it?

1 Like

Me too!

I did Internet based support for 2 1/2 years in the early to mid 90s. Shittiest job ever (outside of serving food to idiots). I refused to speak on a phone for years afterwards.

3 Likes

Servers aren’t stupid and don’t actively do the opposite of what you tell them while on the call.

3 Likes

There is only one rule for this thread… and we really like you so could you please follow it in future?

7 Likes

“Why are you so f’ing pedantic?”

How about that? :smiley:

8 Likes

100 duck sized horses or one horse sized duck?

4 Likes

because we like to keep @OtherMichael happy?

5 Likes

Does everyone who works in tech. support wind up with phone avoidance syndrome?

8 Likes

Wasn’t I running Ublock Origin originally, but after Safe Mode (disables all add-ons) and then Refresh (removes all add-ons) didn’t I try adding back first one and then the other of the two major ad blockers just to see, and weren’t they both the same in terms of hogging CPU? Wouldn’t that suggest it’s the latest update of Firefox (yet again) which will get patched in the next few days and then all will be well again for a while?

And aren’t I not by the machine now so I can’t say for certain, but isn’t it a new enough Mac that it is able to be updated to El Capitan, so it must not be too ancient?

And don’t I thank you for weighing in, since the consensus seems to be you are the expert on this??!!

(See how hard it is to carry on a conversation in question-only format? Sheesh!)

2 Likes

In the 3 months I did IT (before transition to programmer because I could type) I ran into somebody for whom “turn it off, and then back on” didn’t work, so we had to go down there to discover that the power switch had been covered up by a photo of her grandkids and she kept pressing the disk-eject button and thank g-d I could type, right?!?!?

5 Likes

WOULD YOU LIKE ME IF I WASN’T HAPPY? 

2 Likes

Won’t I like you no matter what?

1 Like

Will you draw me like one of your French girls?

4 Likes