Did you ever want to play questions?

I have French girls? How come nobody tells me about these things?

3 Likes

Are you aware that Ublock and Ublock Origin are two different addons?

Are you aware that there is no scheduled update for Firefox in the next few days nor known cpu usage issue affecting lots of users that would cause a point release?

Are you aware that I get an email from release management of such reports along with any scheduled update?

Are you aware that I run Firefox on El Capitan with Ublock Origin and it is working fine for me on my MacBook Pro?

2 Likes

Isn’t it always “works on my machine” ?

5 Likes

Isn’t it that and “must be your environment”?

2 Likes

Anyone miss the days when it mattered what the order was for your config.sys file?

5 Likes

Is it really weird that people are coming out of the woodwork to advocate political violence on the Bundy thread, or is it just me being oblivious?

3 Likes

Well doesn’t it seem more so on this one than the earlier ones? Or do I forget the recent past too soon? Or was I smart and just paid them passing attention looking only for the snarky bits?

1 Like

I needed to free up space on my machine so I deleted pagefile.sys; can you help me get it to work?

7 Likes

Do you have you have good backups? Should I be getting ready for bed?

1 Like

The registry? It’s just bloat and communism rolled up in a big government hand out–i can delete that, right?

6 Likes

(Anyone here a Squid master? As in, not rule 34, but the proxy? (And not the proxy for rule 34?))

3 Likes

Not terribly surprising, considering?
Am I not avoiding reading any further comments on the thread?

3 Likes

Considering that I’m oblivious? Doesn’t that make things surprising all the time? Wait, what’s happening?

1 Like

Walk for daddy?

8 Likes

What is the meaning of avatars? Should they remain ephemeral, or should you write a note on why you changed? Should they be static, or mercurial?

Should I keep up with the fish-atars?

5 Likes

Did you know I tonight you new icon was a squirrel at first, and was all happy and then figured out it was a cephalopod and was still pleased?

4 Likes

What’s with all the talk about the doomsday clock in the media this week? While I understand the evolution of the concept from the cold war days until now, isn’t it proving ineffectual at this point?

2 Likes

Did I not make it clear that it was Ublock Origin I had been running when the problem started, and that it was simply a day-long experiment of trying different things including a different ad blocker to see if maybe it was the Ublock Origin that was causing the problem?

Aren’t I glad I asked the question then, because knowing this helps me understand where the problem must be (resident in my computer only)?

Doesn’t this prove that @daneel and @TobinL were right to invoke you to this thread?

Isn’t that another indication that the problem is specific to my set-up, not anything to do with Firefox, the OS on my Mac, or Ublock Origin?

Again, aren’t I grateful to have your professional advice on this issue?

4 Likes

couple of updates ago I started getting lots of freezes in firefox too, happens with both ublock origin and adblock plus, the only other add on I’m running is ghostery… totally clean firefox etc… plenty of processor and memory overhead… haven’t I just resigned myself to waiting 30 seconds every now and again?

Maybe I’ll look into it further and see what happens with no add ons and different browsers and single tabs? But isn’t it super intermittent and seemingly not really strongly associated with any particular behaviour?

2 Likes

Isn’t that exactly my problem too? Except, don’t I find that it starts to escalate to the point where those 30 seconds are starting to happen more often, to the point where every mouse click or return key starts the spinning ball yet again? And then, don’t I do all the recommended cleanup, which doesn’t seem to work at the time, but then by the next day things are at least a little better? (Today, for example, Firefox has not been higher than about 45% of CPU at most, and usually in the 10-30% range, whereas yesterday it was over 100% about 1/4 of the time.)

What IS that?