Dilbert guy Scott Adams: white people should "get the hell away from black people"

Generally the former. Honestly, I’ve been realizing how much of a terminally-online bubble I live in. Most people I talk to are blissfully unaware of so much of this stuff.

17 Likes

And unlike Adams, Wagner has the good taste to be dead, so he’s got that gojng for him, which is nice.

41 Likes

Because Dilbert is fine art? It was never all that funny, and now is just irritating. No great loss, IMHO.

20 Likes

True, it’s somewhat easier to excuse artistic douchbags who have the decency to no longer be able to make new horrific statements.

3 Likes

I would reckon a lot more people avoid Wagner because they don’t like opera than for any moral reason tbh.

It’s a lot harder to avoid pop culture detritus when people love tweeting about whatever this racist misogynistic jerk said last.

17 Likes

It’s especially easy to ignore Adams now, as I saw something about a cartoonist who covers tech-related issues doing funnier versions of some of the more often referenced Dilbert comics, just so everyone could reference the basic joke without having to give Scott Adams any attention…

17 Likes

I would agree. One should not avoid Wangerian operas because of who or what Wagner was. One should avoid Wagnerian operas because they are not good. That dude had some serious pacing problems and needed a really good show runner to fix that problem.

If you really feel the need to watch Wagnerian operas, I strongly recommend watching the Bugs Bunny classic “What’s opera, doc”. All the highlights and no pacing problems.

26 Likes

I’m in my office, laughing out loud to:

which suits my humanities nature moreso than xcsd (which I also find funny).

I think one of the Mutants here linked to it, or recommended it recently.

18 Likes

Every time he opens his mouth, he shows he’s a bigger and bigger POS.

Also, Dilbert hasn’t been funny or relevant in like 20 years.

21 Likes

People still eat the Bigotry Chicken Sandwich. People still bought the TERF Wizard video game.

8 Likes

Some people. Important qualifier.

20 Likes

Was Scott Adams always an asshole

Yes, and it’s important to note that the red pill is just a placebo. It only works for what you already believed.

18 Likes

also a plus 1 for Wangerian

26 Likes

“My speew and magic hewmit!”

15 Likes

I kind of assume that Black People in general would prefer it if White People didn’t invade their personal space.

13 Likes

They probably don’t know.

Like, you can’t overestimate how much people don’t know anything about the people making the comic strips, or movies, or “boy wizard in a boarding school” books they follow.

9 Likes

I see Wagner, and hear unbidden, burbling up from the depths of my childhood “Kill de Wabbit! Kill de WAHbbit!”

24 Likes

And what about when the art enables the artist to oppress people?

16 Likes

You’re quite right - one should ignore Wagnerian opera because it is a horrifying waste of your time better spent listening to decent music.

8 Likes

I know that when I set out to help someone my primary concern is how it’s going to “pay off.” /s

22 Likes