Dilbert guy Scott Adams: white people should "get the hell away from black people"

Originally published at: Dilbert guy Scott Adams: white people should "get the hell away from black people" | Boing Boing

13 Likes

He claimed that he was previously “helping”.

44 Likes

Was Scott Adams always an asshole, or did he go too far down the MRA/Red Pill/Alpha Male rabbit hole?

29 Likes

I think he always was, but lacked the ability to truly express his assholishness until the coming of social media.

55 Likes

Can’t miss a place you never been.

Nathan Fillion Facepalm GIF by HULU

39 Likes

It’s incredible that people still use dilbert slides on their presentations. Do they not know or care?

21 Likes

Insert head into one’s own ass, establish negative feedback loop.

19 Likes

well bye GIF

27 Likes

He definitely had a smug superiority complex even back in the 90s but in the pre-MAGA era he usually still tried to maintain at least a thin veneer of social decorum when he was in the public eye. I think the mask just came off when he found his people.

58 Likes

I trust that he will follow his own advice. Though in the interest of equal treatment, I would also urge him to stay the fuck away from everyone else as well. And there’s no time to start like right now.

38 Likes

Perhaps always. About 20 years ago Adams shared an opinion he had about the many people who wrote to him with their personal real-world situations (which he turned into cartoons and greatly profited from): Per Adams, they were losers and fools.

31 Likes

While I am white as can be, I would sincerely love for him to stay the fuck away from me, as well. Deal?

68 Likes

Conservatives have a very counterintuitive definition of what “helping black citizens” means.

(That’s one way of putting it, anyway.)

27 Likes

The inspiration for his coming out as a racist and (one hopes) destroying his career is incredibly stupid. He’s talking about a recent Rasmussen survey in which 53% of Black respondents agreed with the phrase “It’s okay to be white”. This phrase is documented by the ADL as an instance of hate speech, in the same white supremacist genre as “all lives matter”.

So Adams looks at a poll where a slight majority mistakenly took the phrase at face value, immediately shifted his focus to the 47% who (probably like him) saw it for what it was, and then whinges that it means almost half of Black Americans hate white people. And that in turn allows him to declare he’s done with Black people as a whole.

With that thought process, we may have to consider that Dilbert’s boss might have been the real protagonist of all those comic strips.

38 Likes

His appearance on Babylon 5 didn’t start well, and aged worse than the Zima placements.

9 Likes

He’s like a reduction, slowly simmering down to show us his true core. The stages he’s passed through were: generically an asshole > specifically a MAGA asshole > “I hate all brown and gay people”

31 Likes

I like to think he was like an asshole fermentation, loads of things present that made him relatable as a human, and he has been slowly distilled down into 190 proof pure asshole.

24 Likes

There’s the art, and there’s the artist. It would be a shame, for instance, to avoid Wagnerian operas simply because Richard Wagner was an anti-Semite.

4 Likes

This douchebag was instrumental in my learning not to hate-click/follow stuff midway through the Trump Administration. Frankly, I’m upset every time I am reminded that he exists.

Christ, what an asshole.

23 Likes

Well in this case it’s a lot simpler though cause it’s Scott fucking Adams and his art sucks.

32 Likes