Dildos dangling from power lines in Portland

It’s a gang thing - I recognize the set in the photo; that’s Doc Johnson territory. Bad scene in Portland right now…wrong place, wrong time, and you’re collateral damage in a drive-by slapping…

4 Likes

Shoes on the line iz an old location indicator, ereybuddy knows that. If you don’t, ya better axk sumbody. Hanging erections in PTowne? Must b a territorial hoe thing.

But I bet the used ones are really cheap.

3 Likes

2 Likes

These must be for good luck! In ancient Rome, these were called fascinum and used to ward off the evil eye.

1 Like

5 Likes

2 Likes
3 Likes

Saw article about this on BBC today:

It’s this kind of thing that gets me really wondering about the dumb things some people fret over:

When I was a kid, I used to hear “It’s all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.” I guess that, to some people, seeing a rubber penis ranks up there with the trauma of being maimed for life. Think of the children, because so many of them are offended by sex toys? I seriously doubt it.

4 Likes

OMFG, you might have to explain sex to your children.

3 Likes

Or just lie a bit.

“Daddy, what are those things on the power lines?”

• “What, those? I dunno, stuff I guess, from idiots. Don’t mess with power lines, boy.”

I don’t recommend it as policy, but damn parents it’s okay to cut yourself some slack and throw up a bit o’ the old foggy. They don’t need to know everything every time all the time.

4 Likes

And if you’re concerned about “family values”, just explain that they’re devices that married persons use on each other.

1 Like

Kid: What are those?

Me: Well, you know your special erotic toys at home?

Kid: Yes… (giggles)

Me: Same thing, but hung up by someone as a joke.

My mom would’ve pointed them out to me if I didn’t notice 'em. “Lookit the dildos, sweetie! That shit’s hilarious!”

3 Likes

Dildos make everything more fun.*

*Most of the time.

2 Likes

You give your kid young enough to need explanations “special erotic toys?” That seems…questionable.

3 Likes

Garden implements aren’t jealous types, as far as I’m aware. But, “location indicator”? Location for what?

1 Like

Location indicator is vocabulary for “The Dealer” Do I need to be any more clear???It is an ole school marker befo the 5-0 figured it out.

10-4, good buddy.

Kids of that age can earn their own toys! Or better yet, make their own.

But I wouldn’t go so far as to say that: “If you’ve seen one erotic toy, you’ve seen them all.” There are many different kinds, sizes, shapers, materials, etc. Also, situational context counts for something - people do not always recognize something if it is encountered where they do not expect to see it.