Disappearing magician confounds dog and will confound you too

Presumably your dog followed your scent.
The one in the video apparently has no nose.

3 Likes

To all who are saying hey, I figured out how this is done, the mirror! the reflection! I would like to remind you that this was a magic trick for his dog.

5 Likes

did the sun moved quite a bit between raising the sheet and lowering it ?

1 Like

Maybe. Maybe not…

5 Likes

The original dog runs off-frame to the left with the sheet. The magician morphs into his dog avatar, and you’re supposed to think that he’s the original dog and that the magician has disappeared. Pretty basic stuff. Magic 101.

2 Likes

what do you have against tall dogs?

2 Likes

This guy is apparently a double amputee

2 Likes

sure. And while we’re at it, why not burn his books as a precautionary measure?

7 Likes

Probably you only get a reaction out of the dog the first time.

1 Like

I think that’s keen of your self :slight_smile:

digg? does that still?

That dog has no nose?! Well how does it smell?

…Awful!

Awful!
https://media1.tenor.com/images/f0a421a8b08feb7777b5540d6228ccca/tenor.gif?itemid=5637385

(Thank you. I knew someone would, eventually) :wink:

1 Like

The dog didn’t actually seem that confounded, though, as he immediately ran right to where he could see the man, stood there for a few seconds thinking Why is Friend crouched down? and then ran over to try and get him to play.

(Also, if it were actually a trick for his dog, he wouldn’t have been filming it, unless the dog wanted to see re-runs of it later. I think the dog was there for us.)

OHHHHHHH!

“Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it.”

Seriously though, that is so far from my realm of experience that I couldn’t fathom such a thing. I wondered what was post worthy about this! I hope… the dog had fun?

Well, yes, maybe his dog was too smart for this. But, I’ll ask you this - why did all those people film themselves holding up a sheet in front of a dog, then quickly hiding on the other side of the door when they drop it (and the dog sometimes freaking out and sometimes not)? Is the viewer going to say “Hey! I know what happened - the person is just behind the wall!”

Also - this is one of the dumbest things to argue about, and I think that we can both agree on :slight_smile:

He wrote poetry too. We should probably burn all poetry. Just to be safe.

The only reason we think the trick worked is that we’re trusting a member of the audience (the dog).

There’s probably an angled mirror that makes the area behind the bench look empty, which is where the man is hiding. (And notice the video cuts out just before we would have seen the dog behind the bench, jumping on top of his hidden master.)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.