Disappearing magician confounds dog and will confound you too

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/09/disappearing-magician-confound.html

4 Likes

The grass that you see through the bench is different than the grass on either side and what should be empty space casts a shadow. He has a vertical grass looking piece beneath the bench that he is hiding behind. Also, the video cuts when the dog runs around the back of the bench. The guy was not hidden to the dog as soon as the dog moved to the side.

For the record I think that is pretty easy to see, and wouldn’t have even posted if the article didn’t insist that I would be confounded.

11 Likes

Mannnnn, this is one so damn easy to explain. It’s totally obvious that this man is a wizard.

17 Likes

I tried this with my chocolate lab…she calmly got up and walked around the corner to find me. #notalldogs

9 Likes

Confound it!

2 Likes

mirror between bench legs

6 Likes

Yup…

Still, at first glance, not a bad trick. Not great…but not bad.

1 Like

OK Mr. Magic, try it again, this time without a bench.

3 Likes

Especially obvious because the bottom half of his legs are missing at 00:10s.

5 Likes

All you party poopers have been outed!

5 Likes

Either th author is too easily confounded to be a blogger, or… nope. That’s the only possibility.

1 Like

yeah when he lifts the sheet up you can see it reflect briefly in the mirror. I wonder why he didn’t stand slightly to the side so that the invisible legs thing wouldn’t be so clear, and also why he didn’t keep trying until he got a take with no obvious reflections in it.

1 Like

"Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl

I believe …

… that this is not the wizard I’m looking for.

6 Likes

Speaking of pooping: I want to see the dog take a major dump right on top of the spot where his master “disappeared”.

1 Like

Nah man, you’re missing the miracle. Dude’s legs end right below his knees and he can fly . Doubters. smh.

8 Likes

Author is a dog. Clearly.

2 Likes

A cat would never fall for this.

5 Likes

Can we not quote noted wife abuser Roald Dahl? Plenty of non-despicable people have said nice things about magic.

Or else the Dog is a wizard and made the human vanish?

2 Likes

Mind = blown!
:open_mouth::boom:

2 Likes