Discourse issues in iOS Safari

All I have to do is scroll to the very bottom of the topic. When I scroll back up the counter is no longer following me. Maybe it’s some magic combination of my settings.

I haven’t tried the app (I just use the browser) but I can give it a shot.

@pmusaraj Ok, I think figured it out.

Turn off “switch header to topic title on scroll” and it will repro (you’ll need to reload the site).

When it’s enabled it doesn’t repro.

Confirmed both in iOS Safari and Discourse Hub app.

1 Like

Ah ha! That is indeed the culprit, I can immediately reproduce with that checkbox disabled. Will work on a fix.

2 Likes

Ok @ficuswhisperer I’ve updated the theme component for that optional disabling of the title in the header, let me know how it works for you.

3 Likes

Seems to work now! Thanks for addressing this!

2 Likes

Looks like this issue has come back again.

Sorry for the delay in responding, this didn’t trigger a notification for me. I can’t reproduce this, I always see the dismiss button on Safari, iPhone 12.

1 Like

Hopefully this more clearly demonstrates what I’m seeing:

I tried to tap the dismiss button on the bottom then it was covered by the Safari navigation bar and my touch was discarded. When this happens I need to close and reopen the notification area for the dismiss button to be placed in a touchable location:

2 Likes

You are absolutely right, it is impossible to hit that button in Safari! :frowning:

Thanks for your patience. Will work on a fix.

3 Likes

@ficuswhisperer it should be better now on Safari, the buttons should show up higher for you and be clickable. It’s not 100% great, sometimes Safari will still invoke the menu when tapping the lower part of the screen… but we can’t push those buttons any higher up without that screen looking very very strange.

(Side note, this issue does not exist in the DiscourseHub app, I would suggest you give it a try if you’re on a Discourse site on iOS a lot.)

3 Likes

Thanks! I don’t really like the DiscourseHub app - I’d much rather just use the web browser than go into a separate app to do exactly what I’d do in the browser anyway.

I’ll try out the web site changes and let you know if I run into further issues. Thanks for your assistance on these.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.