iOS 15 Safari woes

I’m having a lot of problems with Discourse on BB when using iOS 15 Safari. Trying to understand if it’s just me or if there’s something more systemic.

The most vexing and common issue I’m running into is most of the time, quoting just doesn’t work. I can highlight some text and press the “Quote” button and nothing happens. I have to literally close my tab and reopen the site for things to work again … until they don’t.

The gif picker is much harder to use than before. It doesn’t appear in the middle of the screen making me scroll up in the page to be able to use it.

I’m sure there’s some other things too but I’ll start with that. Is anybody else running into weird issues like this?

1 Like

Example of quote behavior:

Example of GIF behavior:

1 Like

I have had the quote issue. I can get it to work again without reloading but I may well have done enough things in the meantime to kick it to reload. (Scrolling, opening the reply without quoting, close the reply etc.) I have no solutions or many thoughts, it went into the “I will think about dealing with this later”

2 Likes

Ditto on the quote issue.

Also the gui is exhibiting a sliver of white that just looks sloppy. See below.

It flickers.

2 Likes

I’ve seen this too, but saw this in iOS 14 Safari as well. That’s not something I notice 100% of the time and is more of a minor F&F nuisance than usability problem so I never felt compelled to report it.

2 Likes

I just quoted this on latest iOS and it looks ok. There have been a few iOS updates since then.