Discover if someone has died in your house

Spoiler: I live on a highway that was once the Cherokee Warpath and later was on the Trail of Tears. No ghosts seen or heard. For fifteen years, I lived in a house where one of my cousins was murdered. He never visited. The motel where I work and reside had a notorious murder in one room, twenty-five or so years ago, and two long-term tenants have gone to their blessings in-hospital, one with no next of kin.

I’d welcome some haunting, just for a good story, but can’t score any. I gave my black deceased guest permission to haunt anyone who hangs a Confederate flag, and will report back if he takes me up on it.

3 Likes

My house was built between 1800 and 1812. I am certain many people died in it, since dying in hospice or hospital is a 20th-century thing.

I absolutely know of one death: The husband of the woman I bought it from killed himself in the house in the '70s.

Perhaps I made my initial comment a little too declarative. It reads as though I have direct knowledge that many people (more than a dozen, but who’s counting?) died in my house, but that’s impossible, isn’t it?

Gosh, I wonder why the police are pulling into the driveway… I’m not going to be able to get out if they block my car like that.

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s true or not, but I’ve heard this “statistic” about the British Isles:

There is not one square foot of Britain that someone has not stepped on.
There is not one square yard of Britain that someone has not died on.

My house was built in 1955 - I’d be shocked if there weren’t a death or two on the books by now.

2 Likes

What was said earlier is true though. I don’t think we die in houses as much anymore. We’ve monetized even the process of dying. [don’t even get me started on the aftermath]

more like

1 Like

Ha! Same here, though I think it was only cut in three. Built in 1957/8, chopped up in 1986, plopped on a barge, and moved here. Happily, the slab is non-bubbly…

And I definitely know the previous occupant died here, because I come over to say goodbye when she passed.

1 Like

That house needs a new roof.

1 Like

“Sellers are generally not under legal obligation to share if something horrible – like a murder, suicide, or, say, a meth lab”

For real? When I was house-hunting in Oregon, I was told there were mandatory disclosures for illegal activities or violent crimes (i.e. drug deals and/or murders). This was, my realtor told me, because houses where drugs were once dealt have higher instances of robberies, which affects your insurance coverage. Non-disclosure has lead to a series of successful lawsuits.

One word: The Haunting of Hill House. :skull::ghost:

3 Likes

LMAO… Kent, you need hyphens in there if you want it to be ONE word!

1 Like

If only the ghosts hadn’t punched holes in it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.