Funeral home for sale, sign warns that it's "Probably Haunted"

Originally published at: Funeral home for sale, sign warns that it's "Probably Haunted" | Boing Boing

5 Likes

“Revival” being the operative word. Maybe shouldn’t be used in conjunction with funeral home.

6 Likes

2.5 bathrooms? A half bathroom?

3 Likes

For couples with 2.5 kids.

6 Likes

A common thing in the US. It’s a toilet and sink, but no shower or bathtub. Typically on the ground floor, intended for guests to use.

17 Likes

2,5 Bathrooms? That’s about 0.000302% of an Olympic Swimming Pool.

Wouldn’t “Possibly Haunted” been a more honest sign?

11 Likes

Thank you.It is not common around here. But we call It “lavabo”.

8 Likes

I had to explain to a friend that fancy AF people will call it a powder room, but real estate agents don’t do that because of confusion about an old UCB sketch about a Hot CHicks Room

5 Likes

Interestingly enough, if the building has a reputation for being haunted, the seller is typically required to note that on the seller’s disclosure or somewhere. It sounds stupid, but there was a case years ago where someone bought a home that everyone in town believed to be haunted. He, however, was from out of town and didn’t know the house’s reputation. He sued the seller and won. Not because the court believed in ghosts, or even because the buyer did, but because it legitimately affected the resale value because a lot of people do believe in that shit. It’s one of the more bizarre cases in property law.

13 Likes

That’s wild! Especially since, in my recent experience, seller’s disclosures are generally SUPER vague.

Fun fact: the house from Stambovsky v. Ackley was later purchased by Matisyahu.

8 Likes

It reminds me the japanese taboo that makes houses where someone died much cheaper and hard to rent/sell.

12 Likes

Why would it have ghosts? Who dies at the funeral home?

10 Likes

Usually that means a bathroom without a shower.

4 Likes

IMG_2220

6 Likes

Someone no nonsense and very practical.

11 Likes

So, does it counts as a half regular bathroom?

3 Likes

Not to be confused with the lava-bath room.

IMG_0130

8 Likes

Yes. Just a sink and toilet.

My guess is the two full baths are upstairs, where the bedrooms are, and the half bath/powder room is on the ground floor for mourners’ use.

3 Likes

Why would it be haunted? Depending on how ghosts work, you’d think they’d either linger where they died, or at their final resting place, so most of them would be in places like hospitals or graveyards. Why would they haunt the funeral home, where they’re just passing through? And if they do haunt places they merely pass through, why that particular spot and not any of the roads/sidewalks/vehicles their corpse traverses between death site and cemetery? I don’t believe in ghosts myself, but do people who believe ever wonder this stuff?

7 Likes

If you use your powder room as a toilet, where do you store the explosive charges for your cannons?

Untitled

8 Likes