The double-wide driveway will sell Baltimore's goth house

Originally published at: The double-wide driveway will sell Baltimore's goth house | Boing Boing

5 Likes

One of my favorite features of this house is the “obviously not a sex dungeon” basement. You know, the one with the marks from recently-removed fixed-points, heavy furniture imprints in the carpet along the walls, and mounted lights pointed at where those imprints are. Maybe it was some kind of gothy gallery space for large carvings or sculptures?

Or entertainment den…yeah. That’s probably it. The tv space.

13 Likes

Actually not as strange as the diving pool house in Fells Point

People may say “Keep Austin Weird,” but it has nothing on B’more.

9 Likes

I’ve gotta say it’s a pretty boring goth man-cave house, as ‘crazy’ houses go. If you take off the cosmetic swag and oversized furniture it’s basically all Joanna Gaines gray tones and would be an easy flip.

Now that Baltimore pool house - as a scuba diver I would have loved an indoor practice space!

17 Likes

17 Likes

It just screams “70’s-80’s cocaine sex den”.

8 Likes

“We’ll take it.”

15 Likes

Matt Godbey : Well, you should have seen it before. He somewhat neutralized it.

Gotta search for those pre-agent pix, I guess…

7 Likes

We don’t have to front here in Baltimore. :laughing:

2 Likes

It’s totally boring, no purple, green or orange accents anywhere. Big back yard, though!

8 Likes

Now I really want to see the “before” pics.

3 Likes

Well, very disciplined color pallet.

The single tight shot of the bathroom is kind of suspicious, though. There are 10 shots of the open plan, unfinished carpeted basement. But one shot of the all important single bathroom, with an opaque black shower curtain drawn closed, hiding the shower (or whatever is behind the curtain) completely. :thinking:

1 Like

LOL - yeah. Oh, uh, we just used it to watch movies loud and not bother neighbors…

Also I like the “Ok you can have ONE corner for your stupid football stuff.”

While I like goth things - that’s just a bit over the top in places. And black carpet - seems cool until you realize every little white piece of lint or pop corn bit or what ever shows up.

The master bedroom looks fun, though.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s weird - it’s like the boring, minimal house of a dude really into football whose favorite team uses a black-and-white color scheme, who recently started dating a goth who added a few details, rather than what I’d expect from a “customized goth house.” Much “man cave” little “goth.”

3 Likes

Did anyone notice this?

And the backyard!

Outdoor bar!

Honestly, it’s not a bad little house. I like the light gray with black accents. It’s not a bad size for a single person or a couple with no kids. The backyard looks like a decent size, too.

8 Likes

No Addams family house.

4 Likes

Here’s the listing haha the slide show is great! :joy:

https://matrix.brightmls.com/Matrix/Public/Portal.aspx?ID=21119409097

2 Likes

What amateur carpets a sex dungeon?

11 Likes

for some cleaning is a kink, especially, y’know, fluids

Gloves are under the sink, enjoy yourself.

8 Likes