The double-wide driveway will sell Baltimore's goth house

I saw this last night, and buried in the comments I also saw this listing for a ghost-town adventure mansion in Colorado. Make sure to check out the virtual tour!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/36570-Us-Highway-24-N-Buena-Vista-CO-81211/2076799379_zpid/

6 Likes

Not sure about the Feng Shui in that bedroom.

2 Likes

It’s like a product of half of an imagination. Soooo. Muuuuch. Beeeiiige.

4 Likes

Wait… checks date… hm?

4 Likes

And the fabrics are all so busy.

There are some cool objects, like the 8x10 view camera. But they don’t seem to fit in with any theme.

Also, I’m disappointed that the mining car rail dead ends into a bedroom window. That’s an interesting feature that is just kind of thrown away.

4 Likes

WTF is happening here?

Not to mention here?

sUpr-seKret banjo!

That’s about ten grand a month in heating bills right there…

That’s wooden right there…

The bones of old canoey!

Ski gear storage where it’s easiest to get!

There is like a billion of these in the house and I don’t understand why?

Random microwave for no reason…

WTF?

Random orientalism for no reason that matches none of the decor, except in that one other bedroom up there…

Not a bathroom for the short…

Hi-ho, hi-ho…

Long story short, rich people have no taste.

REPLICA MINESHAFT!!!

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

12 Likes

Somewhere there is a decorator who managed to clear out the random crap from their warehouse and charge way over full price for it… :thinking:

6 Likes

I noticed that, too, but @Mindysan33’s got the total McMansion Hell treatment going on! :rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

I’ve been in my fair share of gothed up houses and this seems, well really kind of bland. Switch out a handful of accent pieces and it could pass for any number of boring listings.

1 Like

I think you’re supposed to make deposits in the bowl, not the tank. :wink:

10 Likes

It does seem kind of boring suburban goth/meh sex dungeon. But part of that is apparently because the owner has removed the, uhm, unusual stuff to stage it for sale.

2 Likes

Somebody in Baltimore is seeing that listing and saying “Look hon, we had some good times there didn’t we?”

7 Likes

I was thinking, I like the goth aesthetic, so not creepy at all.

Ho… look at the bedroom mirrors! That’s not really my thing. Don’t need to see myself from 6 different angles…

1 Like

Seems kind of anti-goth. Not a very vampire-themed thing to cover your room in mirrors.

1 Like

Unimpressed Not Funny GIF

5 Likes

Um. It’s not just about vampires…

4 Likes

That wedding kimono made me wince. Hung the wrong way (front should be facing the wall to show the best work) and really faded.

1 Like

Oh, sure. That’s what the vampires want us to think… :thinking:

(That and maybe the can seem themselves in mirrors and laugh themselves to sleep at that fact in the bed, surrounded by mirrors.)

Very true. The weird here is the kind that really thrives when no one’s watching.

I am just not seeing any “gothyness” to the house. Goth would be a house with lots of Victorian decor, polished wood banisters, antique furniture, wallpaper, etc.

This house is sporting the 80’s ultra-modern bro-lounge metal-head wannabe aesthetic. (you know, motely-crue fan football player).
All clean lines and flat colors and a couple cheesy looking plastic decorations.

1 Like