Discover movies by feeling

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/29/discover-movies-by-feeling.html

There’s plenty of whimsical + violent movies. Daisy and Violet, for instance, while not very good, is about two teenage hitgirls who do hopscotch and lollipops in between murdering people. Whoever made that thing seems to be rather lacking in imagination, no?

2 Likes

I was thinking of Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil, Evil Dead II, and Dead/Alive (aka Braindead).

2 Likes

Those strike me as more wacky than whimsical, but as I said, there’s plenty :smile:

1 Like

“Why are we watching this wacky movie? I told you I was in the mood for whimsical tonight!”

Turns out their site doesn’t have a “wacky” tag. Also, it has Primer under “whimsical”, which I find inappropriate. (It also has Shaun of the Dead which is more objectively correct.)

1 Like

Disappointed I couldn’t choose both “mindless” and “complex.”

Huh, where are the moist movies?

3 Likes

Given that the terms Heist + Original brings up the remake of the Thomas Crown Affair, I wouldn’t give their engine a whole lot of credit.

Edit: Ah, I see, it appears to Or their terms rather than And them. That’s not really useful in this type of search.

2 Likes

Whimsical + violent = pans labyrinth!

1 Like

Ooh, a moist heist movie would be awesome!

1 Like

Settle for a tv show?

AAAABblrgoU6zPb9MpIyO5NAryhXtMl6PnmPk-q1QMlVWNhx0AAx7D041vgtXvOCbcpAvVl1hCRFoIlbhsn5wMpjxn6U9yPQ8Leh8TO8TeYuPaVn9m5C

Unknown

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.