Disney just released the secret recipe for its grilled three-cheese sandwich

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/14/disney-just-released-the-secre.html

2 Likes

sharp cheddar, something melty/creamy like munster, and finally something like asiago, gruyere, or romano

that’s how you do three cheese

the end

10 Likes

Parmesan. On the outside.

10 Likes

I am a big fan of using a garlic mayo spread instead of butter on the outside. I will second @MalevolentPixy, a parmesan crust on a grilled cheese rules.

7 Likes

The recipe is here : https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/04/cooking-up-the-magic-at-home-celebrate-national-grilled-cheese-day-with-a-grilled-cheese-sandwich-from-toy-story-land/

12 Likes

Thank you for the proper reference. Anybody who points me to Instagram or Twitter is not being much help.

9 Likes

To save a click-through (and subsequent hunt) :wink:

Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich from Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Recipe

Serves 4

Click here for a print-at-home version of this recipe!

Ingredients:

Cream Cheese Spread

• 1/2 cup cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded Double Gloucester or cheddar
  • 2 tablespoons heavy cream
  • 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt

Garlic Spread

• 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt

Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich

• 8 slices of artisan bread
  • 8 cheddar cheese slices
  • 8 provolone slices

Instructions:

For Cream Cheese Spread:

1. Combine cream cheese, Double Gloucester or cheddar, heavy cream, and salt in food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.

For Garlic Spread:

1. Combine mayonnaise, garlic, and salt in small bowl and stir until blended. Set aside.

For Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich:

1. Lay out artisan bread slices on parchment paper or large cutting board.
  2. Place 2 slices of cheddar on 4 of the bread slices. Place 2 slices of provolone on remaining bread slices.
  3. Equally spoon cream cheese spread on slices with provolone. Gently smooth cream cheese spread over each slice.
  4. Press cheddar side and provolone side together.
  5. Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, until hot.
  6. Brush both sides of the sandwiches with garlic spread.
  7. Grill sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.

linky to PDF

13 Likes

I am intrigued by these exotic and delicious grilled cheeses you speak of.

Add a panini press and irish buttered bread like me for ultimate grilled cheese

3 Likes

Put one slice of American cheese on bread.
Put another slice of American cheese on bread.
Put one more slice of American cheese on bread.
Toast with butter.

Three cheese.

6 Likes

If you like this, more power to you. But every time I’ve eaten at a Disney park, the food has been pointlessly insipid.

1 Like

FUCK NO.

That shit is American like Trump- fake fluorescent orange, full of oil, and disgusting.

Ironic that the cheese referred to by this name is faker than him

2 Likes

It has a place. That place is melted in a sandwich. And the version I use is white. Relax, it’s only a grilled cheese.

3 Likes

I think its time for grilled cheese THUNDERDOME

:grin:

3 Likes

ONLY EVER a sandwich press.

irish butter also is good, but surprisingly hard to come by in the Land of Steak & Shake and Honey (indiana)

1 Like

even the folks running disney’s instagram aren’t very helpful. i don’t want to have to search for the blog; just give me a damned link!!!

1 Like

American “cheese”…

Is this substance (I refuse to call it cheese) really so much cheaper that it has any place in anyone’s diet?
Or is it some weird holdout from the lawless days of the 50’s and shelf stable/instant foods?

Also, no on Velveeta. And, while I am not generally confrontational, I will shank anyone who enters my house with any canned pressurized “cheese”.

okay, I guess I’m a cheese snob, but F, you only live so long. There’s no time for fake cheese.

2 Likes

That’s more Instagram’s fault than Disney’s. Instagram intentionally does not allow hyperlinks in posts and makes it hard to even copy a URL out of their app; you get one and only one functional link on Instagram and that must go in your bio text on your profile. Unless you pay them for a “sponsored post” - then you can have it link to wherever you like.

As for grilled cheese, my personal secret is to use grated cheese rather than sliced. It melts much faster, so you can focus on getting the bread perfectly golden-brown without worrying if the cheese will have fully melted by then. You can also toss the grated cheese with some paprika or other spices.

Plus one heart for the clarity of the message. Minus three hearts for American cheese.

1 Like

I get great results with fontina in this category.

1 Like

You can’t make a grilled cheese sandwich without cheese. You are proposing to use “non-dairy cheese-like product”.
Not in my kitchen, buster.