In Ron DeSantisland, Disney will host "the largest LGBTQ+ conference in the world"

Originally published at: Disney trolls Ron DeSantis as it holds "the largest LGBTQ+ conference in the world" | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Take that, Meatball!

Ha Ha Lol GIF

40 Likes

I like that one better than the usual:

ha ha simpsons GIF

20 Likes

They could introduce a short run sourpuss anti-mascot who’s goal is to limit everyone else’s freedom of expression and lifestyle. Oh, something like “Snot [the] Sardine” or “Sinners [the] Toad” or some-other anagrammatical happenstance.

12 Likes

It has more “gotcha!”.

11 Likes

Not thrilled that everyone will be dropping millions of taxable dollars into state coffers, but the sheer joy of watching people thumb their noses at Li’l Douchey makes it worth it.

19 Likes

“Don’t Say Gay” is going to have a rough time during that event.

17 Likes

When Corporate America sides with the gays, the right should realize it is time to pack up their shingle and fuck off.

Snot Sardine is a great name for Neron Sadist

30 Likes

Claude Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame would make a reasonable stand-in for the Christian Nationalist movement.

frollo

18 Likes

… wait, wut :confused:

13 Likes

Don’t fuck with the mouse. VERY deep pockets and a boatload of lawyers. Then again (mo)ron is a total fool.

14 Likes

Wow. 5,000 people!

23 Likes

No, not as big as a pride parade, but:

major conference promoting lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights in the workplace

Major businesses coming to Florida to discuss how to make themselves more inclusive and friendlier to LGBTQ+ employees. Probably all the Fortune 500 companies will be there, and a good percentage of Fortune 1000.

It’s in no small part a performative conference, but it will also be publicly embarrassing to DeSatan to have the House of Mouse bring together major companies to publicly flip the bird at him over his Don’t Say Gay law, during the campaign homestretch. Because it’s Disney, they have the clout to ensure the conference makes it on the national news, and the media savvy to control the narrative. It will emasculate him right when he needs to show his base that he’s the big bad culture warrior who’ll return the US to the bad old days.

Their announcing it now is letting him know they don’t intend to play nice, and they have the resources and the savvy to win.

Well played, Disney, well played.

30 Likes

I don’t like Disney (Corp) in general, but… good move.

11 Likes

Well, it’s a conference of business folks, not a Pride event or parade. 5k people from top-floor offices is no small thing.

This is a pretty big, and well-thought-out “fuck you” to DeSantis. As @MagicFox noted, we’re in for a couple years of continuous news about this.

29 Likes

Koovagam has had 100,000 at its transgender festival. I think it’s held for 18 days?

19 Likes

This is some hyper mega level trollling on the part of Disney, and I LOVE IT.

8 Likes

That’s awesome! I think Disney should introduce this celebration at their theme parks!

7 Likes

And Wal-mart as well, which given their overall labor practices tells me that they are doing this as a PR thing, like every other corporate during Pride Month.

ETA: And @MagicFox just taught me to read all the new comments before making a reply.

8 Likes

now can they uncancel the owl house please?

it’s one of the very few things ( maybe only ) with an unambiguously out lead character. not only that, she’s happy and in a positive relationship

( alright, alright. obviously disney could do much more direct action with all their money and clout to further lgbtq rights… but i’d be okay if they took a stronger stance on human rights and continued on with my favorite show :cat: )

6 Likes