Watch as a lawyer breaks down how Disney made a fool of Ron DeSantis

Originally published at: Watch as a lawyer breaks down how Disney made a fool of Ron DeSantis | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Ol’ Puddin’ Fingers

7 Likes

Unfortunately the story isn’t over yet. DeSantis is hell bent on punishing the company for daring to defy him, and things only look like they’re continuing to escalate.

12 Likes

The Guardian is reporting that the not at all snowflakes DeSantis might now site a new prison right next to the Disney Parks.

I trust the guards will have to wear costume:

9 Likes

I saw someone on Twitter call him “Vladimir Puddin’” the other day, and I’m here for it.

34 Likes

There isn’t really a “next to” Disney world that Disney doesn’t own.

21 Likes

Yeah, DeSantis would literally have to drain the swamp to do it.

18 Likes

Why would he drain it?

Monty Python | GIFGlobe

19 Likes

Disney will do whatever it takes to ruin DeSatan politically. They have lots of lawyers, LOTS of money and the best video production crews money can buy. They can easily make really effective campaign commercials for his most viable political opponent for either a presidential run or Florida governor’s next run.

19 Likes

Oh, I fucking hope so.

When Disney is the lesser of two evils, you know something has gone horribly awry.

32 Likes

Dang it Herr Doktor Frauenfelder! i really didn’t expect to get sucked into 25 minutes of a lawyer fast talking desantis/disney but i sure did. (really didn’t see the turn in the road to the 17th century). Thank you. gawdang we are living through some specially bonkers-times

13 Likes

Yeah. But hey, I will take megacorp using their generic corporate evil to stop christo-facist.

This fucking timeline

26 Likes

I mean… maybe Desantis should not have started it? :woman_shrugging:

17 Likes

That’s what lust for political power seems to do.

7 Likes

I don’t know… Again, Desantis made the choices he made and this is the result. He’s responsible for his choices, including the one to go after one of the most powerful media companies on the planet, because they did the bare minimum to support the LGBQT+ community… And it might not be just “a lust for power” on his part. He seems to be an awful human being in general, and believes in what he’s doing. :woman_shrugging: Desantis did this to himself, and we’ll see how it plays out.

23 Likes

I would have thought that folks would learn that Disney has the hands down best lawyers, always. But I guess petty authoritarians aren’t the clearest thinkers.

17 Likes

Perhaps DeSantis thinks that he can have a nice quiet chat with the judge and then the court will reach the correct verdict.

9 Likes

It’s a stupid choice. He could have let Disney corporate’s milquetoast criticism of the law pass. They weren’t going to do anything to back it up. But no, he got all hot and bothered and now he’s deep in. If the point of all this was DeSantis having a ready-made “enemy” to buff his christo-facist creds, he could have picked someone else. Or made some noise without threatening Disney’s actual assets. It makes me wonder why Disney got under his skin so badly. He’s acting very vindictive and not logically at all. Totally agree he’s a terrible person who enjoys doing terrible things. But he also seemed like a savvy politician. Taking on Disney in the law and courts? That’s plain stupid. Best outcome, he’ll waste millions of tax funds on attorneys fees and get no where. Worst? Disney goes all in with their lawyers, their money, and their conservativr-court given right to use their money to influence politics.

I’m not sure he thought that far ahead. He’s been able to treat so much of Florida like his own little dictatorship. He probably thought Disney would cave. Or he has some unethical lawyers whispering in his ear so they can make bank pursuing all these lawsuits.

17 Likes

Petty little swamp tyrant.

16 Likes

Indeed! But he’s a thin-skinned fascist who thinks he’s in a position to be an all-powerful dictator in FL, so…

Probably, because they are such an icon of American culture that all sides see themselves as being “represented” by the culture Disney makes, and Disney being as inclusive as they are meant that his very narrow, christo-fascist world view is not the defining culture of the US…

Fascism really isn’t logical - it’s the bully-mindset at a scale of the nation-state (or in this case, the state of FL).

But when, though?

Star On Fox Jahil Rivera GIF by STAR

22 Likes