Watch as a lawyer breaks down how Disney made a fool of Ron DeSantis

Meh. I can’t actually think of any examples. Maybe he just rode into power on the coatails of a few decades of voter suppression and side effects of gerrymandering? He certainly doesn’t have any charisma and isn’t doing a good job managing his public image. It seems like a person who becomes governor should be politically savvy. But then I remember Perry and Sanders.
Kind of depressing.

Jennifers Body Truth GIF

14 Likes

DeSatan is going to strike back, and I think Disney should respond by… closing their doors for a day, or maybe a week. Show ol’ Puddin’ fingers who’s in charge. Almost half a million employees shut out, and imagine the cries of anguish from tourists turned away because of DeSantis’ narrow mind. It would be glorious.

9 Likes

I think that’s probably a lot of it…

The culture wars are getting people pretty far these days in some places, plus, if you can make the far right donors happy, they’ll back you all the way… and since the GOP tends to do well in heavily gerrymandered places that are ready made for them, they can pretty much run far to the right…

15 Likes

And they could do it without gaining any ill-will towards themselves.

“To protect your safety and comply with rules proposed by DeSantis, we are closing the park to verify the safety of all rides. Please direct all questions to DeSantis”.

11 Likes

Stone probably got a little tongue-tied there, but minor nitpick…it’s Zephyrhills, not sarsaparilla. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I like the way you think.

6 Likes

If you only had a brain

idiot

tumblr_muoapibVYq1qehnuso1_1280

Dumb_ass_warning

7 Likes
11 Likes

Sounds like the plot of Oath of Fealty, except the bad guys are the Christofascists rather than Eco-terrorists.

6 Likes

As they say in Hollywood, don’t fuck with the Mouse. Florida man is fucking around, he is just starting to find out.

Deer Popcorn GIF

17 Likes

Apropos of very little, I just realized who the Midjourney image of DeSantis reminds me of: the bad guy (Sorrento’s) avatar from Ready Player One.

3 Likes

Pop Tv Destruction GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Would the only winning move have been not to play?

Stay tuned for the next episode of how to get a more colourful life.

Bob Ross Art GIF

10 Likes

Yeah, Disney has been dealing with cartoon villains since 1921…

19 Likes

Jimmy Fallon Agree GIF

14 Likes

Ah, yes. The Rule Against Perpetuities. Driving law school students insane as long as there have been law schools. I gotta say, though, when this story first broke a couple of weeks ago, and I read what Disney did, I got practically giddy and almost screamed, “OMG! The Rule Against Perpetuities in the real world!” That does remind me, though, I really need to refresh that in my mind. I’m taking the bar exam early next year.

14 Likes

“… what if we lived in an imaginary world where company towns were a good thing and our billionaire overlords were wise and reasonable?”

6 Likes

Yeah, Disney is all of that, but strangely not the villain in this fight.

And it’s too late to get Pournelle’s reaction.

9 Likes

Best of luck with the bar exam!

11 Likes

So the breakdown was Disney didn’t make a fool out of DeSantis he did it to himself.

Not even having one of his staff members monitoring the actions of the Reedy Creek Improvrement District before the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District takeover was incredibly short sighted.

Disney did it all legally and in plain sight.

5 Likes

How does that inconvenience Disney? As I understand it, you can’t really see the “outside world” from within their parks anyway? Who cares if there’s a prison there?

11 Likes