Disneyland closing due to coronavirus

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/12/disneyland-closing-due-to-coro.html

3 Likes

This is the most Boing Boing headline ever

23 Likes

Steampunk Maker convention at Disneyland cancelled due to coronavirus?

13 Likes

Steampunk Maker convention at Disneyland canceled due to coronavirus, disappointed guests soothed by organic CBD oils from boingboing store (at 90% off!).

33 Likes

Unsurprising. We’re at the point where currently advertised movies are having their release ‘delayed’ because of the virus. (I’m wonder what that’s going to mean, though - the situation’s only going to get worse, and movies are released in very specific times of year so, what, they’re going to wait a whole year to put out movies scheduled for this year?)

All kinds of events relying on public gatherings won’t be happening for a while. It’s going to be weird, even speaking as someone who hasn’t been to a movie theater in some years…

6 Likes

The main board is still fun…

6 Likes

Dems are really masterminds at getting this hoax off the ground!

(Getting Italy to shut down was their masterstroke, though)

12 Likes

tenor (1)

5 Likes

My SO and I were discussing coronavirus, and how people are reacting, and she said, jokingly, “Well, you know it’s not really serious until they close Disneyland.”

We’re boned.

16 Likes

I was there last week. Both parks had normal crowds, no-one particularly concerned (just a few masks). I’m glad they’re doing the responsible thing even though the parks were initially exempted from the state order.

9 Likes

Needs moar banana though.

8 Likes

All seems rather William Gibson to me.

1 Like

If movie releases are delayed, I imagine movie production is facing even worse delays. So the entire pipeline is moving more slowly. There’s plenty to catch up on.

2 Likes

Good. Disneyland seems to be a good place for diseases to gain a foothold. Measles, anyone?

5 Likes

Just look at it

5 Likes

Sounds like the perfect time to go.

walley

4 Likes

The only movie productions I’ve heard about being shut down until later involved big crews filming in Italy; unlike theater showings, film production doesn’t generally involve the kind of high-density crowds that are being forbidden right now. Also, the films being released this year have already been filmed, but I suppose any delays that might impact film production in the near future will delay next years films - which would allow this years films to come out at the same time next year.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.