DJ Earworm: 100 songs from the past decade in one mashup

To be fair you could also make a pretty coherent mashup out of various Grindcore/D-Beat songs.
Off to listen to some Tragedy now…

3 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

Aka “100 takedown notices in one mashup”. 3… 2… 1…

Related question, for any whippersnappers among you who may be more familiar with the source materials: haven’t many of these have been altered (retuned/repitched/sped up or slowed down) to fit?

Not that that’s any less impressive, mind you, just wondering. There’s a few songs in there I do know that sounded a little different.

2 Likes

I have officially aged out of pop culture. I’m sorry folks. This was a mess of noise to me. That’s on me, not the person doing this work.

I’ll now go find a Denny’s and get my free senior meal.

5 Likes

Don’t want to know, just in case this video’s current confirmation of my dislike of most recent ‘pop’ music, due to much if it just sounding like a rehash of the rest, is threatened.

1 Like

Fabulous – I recognised about three.

Overkill intro time.

Aaaah that’s better.

1 Like

I am a sucker for these ‘end of the decade’ things. Mash-ups, lists, articles, hot-takes, etc… but don’t they know we still have a month left? These lists seem to come earlier every year and the more I type the older I feel…

2 Likes

There’s really only one country song.

1 Like

Judging by the video in the OP, pop shouldn’t be casting any stones in the formulaic department.

1 Like

Well THAT made me feel old …

Or AI generated death metal which has been coming along leaps and bounds lately

Yes, they have. And that’s probably why I’m not digging it as much as something from Girl Talk. There’s certainly talent involved in what’s being done here but I feel like if you’re going to be doing a retrospective mix of songs then the songs should probably be a little more recognizable.

1 Like

This is okay for what it is. Too much going on to get a solid feel for any of it. Based on many years listening to mashups, stop after 3-5 tracks. The only exceptions to this would be Titus Jones and Girl Talk.

I totally agree. I look forward to his yearly roundup every year. I don’t listen to much pop music, but I really love what he does with it.

It was the opposite for me. It was like the music that I avoided as a teen, too bland for my taste.

All the good stuff hasn’t been appropriated and watered down by the major labels yet. It’s the same as it has always been.

2 Likes

tumblr_n2ckosnoGx1rpt61io1_250

“Same as it ever was”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.